Randy?

Sho Journet

May 17, 2014, 9:57:03 PM5/17/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Randy.

Is this group still in business?

Shoshanna
shojourner@ ymail.com

Sent from my iPhone

Randy Souther

May 17, 2014, 11:40:51 PM5/17/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shoshanna,

The group still exists but I think email discussion has kind of gone out of fashion with Facebook and the rest. But it's entirely up to y'all. Open up a topic ...
Randy

Sent from my iPad
> --
> --
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group" group.

Gary Couzens

May 18, 2014, 3:10:39 AM5/18/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Here's one, which I tried to start a week ago but realise I had an
out-of-date email address...

The Accursed has been nominated for Best Novel for the 2014 Shirley
Jackson awards. Here's the full list of nominees:
http://www.shirleyjacksonawards.org/nominees/

Gary

bd...@frontiernet.net

May 18, 2014, 4:26:51 PM5/18/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Gary, for the info.

Brenda

On 18/05/2014 04:40, Randy Souther wrote:
> Hi Shoshanna,
>
> The group still exists but I think email discussion has kind of gone out of fashion with Facebook and the rest. But it's entirely up to y'all. Open up a topic ...
> Randy
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On May 17, 2014, at 6:57 PM, Sho Journet <shojo...@ymail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Randy.
>>
>> Is this group still in business?
>>
>> Shoshanna
>> shojourner@ ymail.com
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> --
>> --
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group" group.

Pat

May 18, 2014, 5:30:55 PM5/18/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Gary!

Pat
On Sunday, May 18, 2014 12:10 AM, Gary Couzens <gjco...@btinternet.com> wrote:

Here's one, which I tried to start a week ago but realise I had an
out-of-date email address...

The Accursed has been nominated for Best Novel for the 2014 Shirley
Jackson awards. Here's the full list of nominees:
http://www.shirleyjacksonawards.org/nominees/

Gary

On 18/05/2014 04:40, Randy Souther wrote:
> Hi Shoshanna,
>
> The group still exists but I think email discussion has kind of gone out of fashion with Facebook and the rest. But it's entirely up to y'all. Open up a topic ...
> Randy
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On May 17, 2014, at 6:57 PM, Sho Journet <shojo...@ymail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Randy.
>>
>> Is this group still in business?
>>
>> Shoshanna
>> shojourner@ ymail.com
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> --
>> --
>> ---
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group" group.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group" group.

Max Alberts

May 19, 2014, 10:11:54 AM5/19/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Well, I for one don't have access to Facebook or any other so-called "social media"--I do not own a computer. I have to use one at work all day, every day, as a wage slave until my eyes bleed. So I'm glad to have this discussion group.

Subject: Re: [JCO:1134] Randy?
To: "tonecl...@googlegroups.com" <tonecl...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Saturday, May 17, 2014, 10:40 PM

susan masztak

May 19, 2014, 10:35:29 AM5/19/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Amen.

Sho Journet

May 19, 2014, 11:31:23 AM5/19/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Max, et al !

Thanks, Randy;
greetings Brenda, Gary.

Here we rise like a,
heh heh, Zombie ...

Max, I also do not own a computer. I browse and post exclusively by iPhone.

Seems like everybody and their grandma has a Facebook page.

I have been apprehensive to do so, lest some young whippersnapper hacker Photoshop a set of boobs onto my forehead on my profile pic.

But I'm involved in animal rescue and have seen absolute miracles come together via social networking.

I did read The Accursed, and found it on a shelf.
No wait, sorry, I found it, um, okay.

Must be me; I didn't get the deal with Jack London ( whom I adore and have read ), and Grover Cleveland ( whom I have not).
Still glad it came to life, finally.

I loved The Mysteries of Winterthurn more, what with baby remains in a drawer and all.

And the sisters, oh, the sisters. Subtle, psycho, classic JCO.

Nothing lit my torch, though, like Foxfire. Opening page, Maddy's reminiscence "....to this very hour", which I shamelessly plagiarise to this very hour.

Oops, gotta go.
Breakfast late, cats not amused.

Welcome back.
~ Sho

Sent from my iPhone

Max Alberts

May 19, 2014, 11:58:04 AM5/19/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
WINTERTHURN is beautifully done. I particularly love the last section of the book, when Xavier makes his way to that sleazy saloon-hotel. The drunken quality of Xavier's impressions of the place is masterfully done (ask anyone who's ever been that plastered)....so many great books...THEM, WONDERLAND, the FIRST version of A GARDEN OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS.....A BLOODSMOOR ROMANCE, most of the short story collections....

Subject: Re: [JCO:1140] BRAAAIIINS......
To: "tonecl...@googlegroups.com" <tonecl...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, May 19, 2014, 10:31 AM

Max Alberts

May 19, 2014, 11:58:05 AM5/19/14

To: "tonecl...@googlegroups.com" <tonecl...@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, May 19, 2014, 10:31 AM

deborahhughes.com

May 23, 2014, 9:18:18 PM5/23/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com

Just checking to see if simply replying from an email post will allow me to post in this discussion group. I've
been reading all JCO's books of the last several years and occasionally dip back to earlier ones. just
completed Carthage as a book on CD and it held me in it's thrall. please let me know if you see this message.
thanks.

Pat

May 24, 2014, 1:26:05 AM5/24/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
You're definitely posting. Haven't read Carthage, but intend to.

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Tone Clusters: The Joyce Carol Oates Discussion Group" group.

Sho Journet

May 24, 2014, 1:29:43 PM5/24/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Deborah!

I see this message !
You should be good to go .

Happy to welcome you to the group, or back, as the case may be.

~shoshanna

Sent from my iPhone

Sho Journet

May 26, 2014, 8:45:37 PM5/26/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Hey, Deborah!
Hmmm, my reply may have jumped the gun.

I did see your message, of course, in my email, but did not spot it on the Tone Clusters group page when I finally got around to checking.

Not sure how that works.

There are links at the bottom of the emails that give different options of posting and receiving messages.

I set mine up so long ago, I don't recall what I chose.

I would hope that by experimenting you could discover how to join or initiate discussion by your email.

I haven't gotten around to Carthage; it's one for me to look forward to, then.

Cheers,
Sho

Sent from my iPhone

deborahhughes.com

May 27, 2014, 10:09:53 PM5/27/14
to tonecl...@googlegroups.com
Sho,

Thanks for your message. I have been puzzled. I went and tried my darndest to make a post,perhaps set up
another profile through my google account. I fear I still didn't get a post out there.

On Mon, 26 May 2014 20:45:31 -0400, Sho Journet wrote
Deborah Hughes