Can not build tomighty

Dominik Obermaier

Mar 8, 2011, 8:55:02 PM3/8/11
to Tomighty
Hi,

on my Windows 7 Machine with Maven3 I am unable to build tomighty. To
be sure i took a fresh local Maven Repository. When running mvn clean
package, it won't build, because some artifacts are missing. I
attached the Stacktrace below. Any ideas?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:1.0-
SNAPSHOT:generate-project (default) on project tomighty: Execution
default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:1.0-
SNAPSHOT:generate-project failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-
plugin:1.0-20091114.095635-2 or one of its dependencies could not be
resolved: Failed to collect dependencies for org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-
maven-plugin:jar:1.0-20091114.095635-2 (): Failed to read artifact
descriptor for org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:jar:
1.0-20091114.095635-2: Could not find artifact org.codehaus.mojo:mojo-
sandbox-parent:pom:5-SNAPSHOT in codehaus-mojo (http://
snapshots.repository.codehaus.org) -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to
execute goal org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:generate-
project (default) on project tomighty: Execution default of goal
org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:1.0-SNAPSHOT:generate-project
failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:
1.0-20091114.095635-2 or one of its dependencies could not be
resolved: Failed to collect dependencies for org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-
maven-plugin:jar:1.0-20091114.095635-2 ()
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
211)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
148)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
140)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:
84)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:
59)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.singleThreadedBuild(LifecycleStarter.java:
183)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:
161)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:
314)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:
151)
at
39)
at
25)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:
290)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:
230)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:
409)
at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:
352)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginExecutionException: Execution
default of goal org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:1.0-
SNAPSHOT:generate-project failed: Plugin org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-
plugin:1.0-20091114.095635-2 or one of its dependencies could not be
resolved: Failed to collect dependencies for org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-
maven-plugin:jar:1.0-20091114.095635-2 ()
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:
86)
at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:
195)
... 19 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginResolutionException: Plugin
org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:1.0-20091114.095635-2 or one of
its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to collect dependencies
for org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:jar:1.0-20091114.095635-2 ()
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:
159)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.createPluginRealm(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:
316)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.setupPluginRealm(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:
284)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.getPluginRealm(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:
186)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:
82)
... 20 more
Caused by:
org.sonatype.aether.collection.DependencyCollectionException: Failed
to collect dependencies for org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-plugin:jar:
1.0-20091114.095635-2 ()
at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultDependencyCollector.collectDependencies(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:
197)
at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultRepositorySystem.collectDependencies(DefaultRepositorySystem.java:
272)
at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.resolve(DefaultPluginDependenciesResolver.java:
148)
... 24 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactDescriptorException:
Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.codehaus.mojo:nsis-maven-
plugin:jar:1.0-20091114.095635-2
at
org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:
308)
at
org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.readArtifactDescriptor(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:
170)
at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultDependencyCollector.collectDependencies(DefaultDependencyCollector.java:
191)
... 26 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.model.resolution.UnresolvableModelException: Could
not find artifact org.codehaus.mojo:mojo-sandbox-parent:pom:5-SNAPSHOT
in codehaus-mojo (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)
at
org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultModelResolver.resolveModel(DefaultModelResolver.java:
119)
at
org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.readParentExternally(DefaultModelBuilder.java:
819)
at
org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.readParent(DefaultModelBuilder.java:
670)
at
org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build(DefaultModelBuilder.java:
308)
at
org.apache.maven.model.building.DefaultModelBuilder.build(DefaultModelBuilder.java:
232)
at
org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.loadPom(DefaultArtifactDescriptorReader.java:
299)
... 28 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.resolution.ArtifactResolutionException:
Could not find artifact org.codehaus.mojo:mojo-sandbox-parent:pom:5-
SNAPSHOT in codehaus-mojo (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)
at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:
488)
at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:
190)
at
org.apache.maven.repository.internal.DefaultModelResolver.resolveModel(DefaultModelResolver.java:
115)
... 33 more
Caused by: org.sonatype.aether.transfer.ArtifactNotFoundException:
Could not find artifact org.codehaus.mojo:mojo-sandbox-parent:pom:5-
SNAPSHOT in codehaus-mojo (http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org)
at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector
$4.wrap(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:854)
at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector
$4.wrap(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:849)
at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector
$GetTask.flush(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:602)
at org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector
$GetTask.flush(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:596)
at
org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector.get(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:
355)
at
org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:
407)
... 35 more

Célio

Mar 8, 2011, 9:47:55 PM3/8/11
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

That's weird, the mojo-sandbox-parent artifact (which is a dependency
of the NSIS plugin) disappeared from codehaus' repository. I'm
investigating that. Hope they did not screw the NSIS artifact.

You probably don't want to build Tomighty's installer, so you might
remove the following xml block from the pom.xml file until I fix this
problem:

<plugin>
<groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
<artifactId>nsis-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.0-20091114.095635-2</version>
<executions>
<execution>
<phase>package</phase>
<goals>
<goal>generate-project</goal> <!-- create target/project.nsh -->
<goal>compile</goal> <!-- compile setup.nsi into exe -->
</goals>
</execution>
</executions>
</plugin>

Célio

2011/3/8 Dominik Obermaier <dominik....@googlemail.com>:

Dominik Obermaier

Mar 9, 2011, 6:18:41 AM3/9/11
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Celio,

thanks for the workaround. Now I am able to build. I hope the NSIS
Installer will be fixed soon, because I'm looking forward to fix Issue #39.

Dominik

Am 09.03.2011 03:47, schrieb C�lio:
> Hi Dominik,
>
> That's weird, the mojo-sandbox-parent artifact (which is a dependency
> of the NSIS plugin) disappeared from codehaus' repository. I'm
> investigating that. Hope they did not screw the NSIS artifact.
>
> You probably don't want to build Tomighty's installer, so you might
> remove the following xml block from the pom.xml file until I fix this
> problem:
>
> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
> <artifactId>nsis-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>1.0-20091114.095635-2</version>
> <executions>
> <execution>
> <phase>package</phase>
> <goals>
> <goal>generate-project</goal> <!-- create target/project.nsh -->
> <goal>compile</goal> <!-- compile setup.nsi into exe -->
> </goals>
> </execution>
> </executions>
> </plugin>
>

> C�lio

Célio

Mar 9, 2011, 6:16:48 PM3/9/11
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dominik,

Issue #39 does not depend on the NSIS installer. It has to do with
Launch4j, which is the tool that wraps jars into Windows executable
files.

After reading the docs of Launch4j, I found an option that forbids
running multiple instances of the application. It's called
<singleInstance>:

http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/docs.html#Configuration_file

There is an issue, however, with launch4j-maven-plugin, which Tomighty
uses to wrap the jar into an executable file. It seems that this
option has no effect when wrapping Tomighty with this plugin.
Building the wrapper directly with the standalone Launch4j application
works fine. I have emailed a message to the plugin's author notifying
him about this problem, let's hope he has good news for us. In the
meantime I will study the plugin's source code and try to fix this
bug.

I'm also investigating the NSIS plugin problem. That
mojo-sandbox-parent artifact was apparently moved to Maven's main
repository, it's strange that Maven can't find it there. Maybe I'm
missing some detail here.

Célio

2011/3/9 Dominik Obermaier <dominik....@googlemail.com>:

> Hi Celio,
>
> thanks for the workaround. Now I am able to build. I hope the NSIS Installer
> will be fixed soon, because I'm looking forward to fix Issue #39.
>
> Dominik
>

> Am 09.03.2011 03:47, schrieb Célio:
>>
>> Hi Dominik,
>>
>> That's weird, the mojo-sandbox-parent artifact (which is a dependency
>> of the NSIS plugin) disappeared from codehaus' repository.  I'm
>> investigating that.  Hope they did not screw the NSIS artifact.
>>
>> You probably don't want to build Tomighty's installer, so you might
>> remove the following xml block from the pom.xml file until I fix this
>> problem:
>>
>> <plugin>
>>        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>        <artifactId>nsis-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>        <version>1.0-20091114.095635-2</version>
>>        <executions>
>>                <execution>
>>                        <phase>package</phase>
>>                        <goals>
>>                                <goal>generate-project</goal>  <!-- create
>> target/project.nsh -->
>>                                <goal>compile</goal>           <!-- compile
>> setup.nsi into exe -->
>>                        </goals>
>>                </execution>
>>        </executions>
>> </plugin>
>>

>> Célio

Obermaier Dominik

Mar 9, 2011, 6:20:34 PM3/9/11
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Celio,

regarding Launch4j, that was exactly what I tried to do. If you have any
news on this topic or if you do need some help with fixing the
launch4j-maven-plugin, I would be happy to see if I can help.

Dominik

Am 10.03.2011 00:16, schrieb C�lio:
> Hi Dominik,
>
> Issue #39 does not depend on the NSIS installer. It has to do with
> Launch4j, which is the tool that wraps jars into Windows executable
> files.
>
> After reading the docs of Launch4j, I found an option that forbids
> running multiple instances of the application. It's called
> <singleInstance>:
>
> http://launch4j.sourceforge.net/docs.html#Configuration_file
>
> There is an issue, however, with launch4j-maven-plugin, which Tomighty
> uses to wrap the jar into an executable file. It seems that this
> option has no effect when wrapping Tomighty with this plugin.
> Building the wrapper directly with the standalone Launch4j application
> works fine. I have emailed a message to the plugin's author notifying
> him about this problem, let's hope he has good news for us. In the
> meantime I will study the plugin's source code and try to fix this
> bug.
>
> I'm also investigating the NSIS plugin problem. That
> mojo-sandbox-parent artifact was apparently moved to Maven's main
> repository, it's strange that Maven can't find it there. Maybe I'm
> missing some detail here.
>

> C�lio

> 2011/3/9 Dominik Obermaier<dominik....@googlemail.com>:
>> Hi Celio,
>>
>> thanks for the workaround. Now I am able to build. I hope the NSIS Installer
>> will be fixed soon, because I'm looking forward to fix Issue #39.
>>
>> Dominik
>>

>> Am 09.03.2011 03:47, schrieb C�lio:
>>> Hi Dominik,
>>>
>>> That's weird, the mojo-sandbox-parent artifact (which is a dependency
>>> of the NSIS plugin) disappeared from codehaus' repository. I'm
>>> investigating that. Hope they did not screw the NSIS artifact.
>>>
>>> You probably don't want to build Tomighty's installer, so you might
>>> remove the following xml block from the pom.xml file until I fix this
>>> problem:
>>>
>>> <plugin>
>>> <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
>>> <artifactId>nsis-maven-plugin</artifactId>
>>> <version>1.0-20091114.095635-2</version>
>>> <executions>
>>> <execution>
>>> <phase>package</phase>
>>> <goals>
>>> <goal>generate-project</goal> <!-- create
>>> target/project.nsh -->
>>> <goal>compile</goal> <!-- compile
>>> setup.nsi into exe -->
>>> </goals>
>>> </execution>
>>> </executions>
>>> </plugin>

>>> C�lio

Célio

Mar 9, 2011, 6:33:06 PM3/9/11
to tomi...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I was considering trying another plugin, but you can do that if
you want. Or you can look at the current plugin's source code too.
I'm right now trying to solve the NSIS plugin problem, and I will
start working on the Launch4j issue as soon as I fix that.

Célio