Letters To Klamath County

Jerald Crane

Apr 9, 2015, 7:32:04 PM4/9/15
to tmrrmembers

To all Train Mountain Members,

I am asking for your help.  We need to send a lot of letters to Klamath County announcing our support for the proposed zoning change for part of the Train Mountain property..

 We need this zoning change so that we can move forward on many projects to improve Train Mountain.  We have planes for more places to stay, improved camping areas, more bathrooms and shower facilities and much more.  Before we can move forward, we need this zoning change.

Klamath County will consider this change in June of this year.  They are much more likely to approve the change if they recognize that there is a lot of support for the change.  That is why we need you to write letters in support.

You don't have to be original with your letters.  You can just copy the letter below and send it with your name attached.  The county will mostly be looking at the numbers of letters received from different individuals.  But you certainly can add to or modify the letter if you chose.

The letter can be mailed to:    Mark Gallagher |

                                                Interim Planning Director |

                                                Klamath County Planning Department |

                                                305 Main Street, 1st Floor,

                                                Klamath Falls, OR 97601

Or email to:    mgall...@co.klamath.or.us

Thank you for supporting Train Mountain,

Jerry Crane

President, Train Mountain Institute

Here is the letter:  Just copy and paste.

Dear Mark,

I am writing to ask Klamath County to approve the Train Mountain land use application… amending the comprehensive plan, creating a Train Park zone, and re-zoning about 40 acres as a Train Park zoned support area for Train Mountain.

I support Train Mountain.  It is special.  It is the largest and longest model railroad in the world.  It attracts people  from all over the world.  Now that Train Mountain is a non-profit, it is building a terrific program to teach everyone about railroading.  More and more groups are using Train Mountain.  For example, the scouts are holding their big Camporee at Train Mountain.  This growing and successful project is great for the county.   To continue being successful, Train Mountain needs land use approval to conduct its activities.

This is the second time this issue has been considered. In April of 2014 Klamath County approved this request and also approved a track connected residential community.   The Oregon Dept of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD) did not like the residential development and blocked it.  Train Mountain has had to withdraw last year’s application and re-apply without the track connected residential community.

Please approve it again.  Nothing has changed.

Sincerely,

[your name]

John C Black

Apr 18, 2015, 10:31:46 AM4/18/15
to Ed Ackerman, Richard Cox, Les Dent, LLoyd Dannenberg, Mark Flitton, Russell Noe, Thomas Smith, Friends TM, TMRR Google List
It is really important to get letters to Klamath County.  Please do as Jerry suggests.  John

Begin forwarded message: