County Approves TM Re-Zone

John C Black

Jun 23, 2015, 10:01:04 PM6/23/15
After 30 minutes of process Klamath County unanimously approved everything we asked for. They amended the County Comprehensive Plan to make Train Mountain a planned County improvement. They created a Train Park Zone that allows TM much greater Land Use freedom. AND… they rezoned 39 acres around Central Station to the new Train Park Zone. It is a big step forward to have zoning that allows what Train Mountain needs and to have the county on record as officially supporting the project.

I want to thank the approximately 60 people that came to the hearing. It showed substantial public support for Train Mountain. It was the most people that had ever turned out to support a Land Use issue. The county solidly got the message that the project has wide public support.

I want to thank all of you who wrote letters. They filled a 1.5” Binder. I am told no other project has ever had more support letters.

There was not 1 letter against the project. Noone appeared to testify against it.

All 5 members of the Planning Commission and the 3 County Commissioners each took time to speak in favor of Train Mountain, to Thank everyone for attending, and to comment on how Train Mountain is a good thing for Klamath County.

It was a political home run.

Thank you.

John