I seriously give up on Telekom Malaysia...

David A. Allan

Jul 1, 2003, 8:06:18 AM7/1/03

Went to Kedai Telekom Ampang Point last Friday morning - I was planning to
move apartment over the weekend, so would need my 'phone line transferred.
(Although I'm still surprised that I actually need to physically go to a
Kedai Telekom to do this - how come it's not possible to arrange this over
the 'phone or (even better) online, as it is in other countries?)

Took a number and waited...and waited...and waited...and waited...the number
display did not move forward once in almost an hour! Went up to one of the
staff to ask why things were moving so slowly (or rather, not at all) and
was brusquely told : "kena sabar, encik. Sistem slow sikit"!! Slow doesn't
begin to describe it - two (out of five) counters manned and no-one being
served.

When things got moving again, the numbers went forward rather quickly - most
people having long since given up waiting and left (wise move).

My turn came - filled in the "Permohonan Pemindahan Talian Talipon" form and
explained to the TM staff that only my unit number had changed...otherwise
everything remained the same...address, condo name, floor number etc. Took
a total of maybe 20 seconds. Staff assured me it would be organised
immediately. (Should have been suspicious at this stage...)

It's now Tuesday evening - almost 5 days after the application - and still
no 'phone service at the new apartment. Spent most of this afternoon trying
to call Kedai Telekom Ampang Point - constantly engaged. Finally got
through to a sullen woman who sounded really pissed off and bored with her
job. Initially spoke English to her and she replied in BM, so I quickly got
the message and switched to BM. Explained the situation and she asked me
for the staff's name - I had no idea, but explained it was a 'budak muda
dengan rambut panjang' - she tells me his name and transfers me to him.

I explain to him my full name, telephone number and when I spoke with him
face to face (ie last Friday) and what I was applying for...at first, he had
no idea of what I was talking about until he 'suddenly' remembers my case
and tells me it's 'susah sikit' because it's a Streamyx line...so how come
he didn't tell me this on Friday (when I made a point in mentioning to him
that it was a Streamyx line)? How come he assured me then that it would be
settled that day? (Biggest problem of all - if it's not solved by tomorrow,
I'm seriously screwed, since I'll be leaving for overseas the day after and
will only be back in two weeks.)

So here we are, 8.00pm Tuesday and still no 'phone service (or Streamyx
service). So much for "we're here for you" (slogan on their
homepage)...like this how can one?! "Leader in Telecommunications" (again,
from their website)? I don't think so....

I actually wanted to send them feedback via their website (it being 2003 and
all), but click 'feedback' and you get this : Warning: MySQL Connection
Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'
(2) in /var/httpd/site/telekom/htdocs/telekom/login/login.php on line 10
Can't connect to the MYSQL-server

Ironic, or what...?

David

ignoramus

Jul 1, 2003, 8:43:47 AM7/1/03
This is a Malaysia problem and it must be handled the Malaysian way.

Malay Mail Hotline lah.

Either that or take deep breaths and keep thinking happy thoughts.
:-)

On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:06:18 +0800, "David A. Allan"
<d...@REMOVETHISstreamyx.com> wrote:

<snipped>

David Baker

Jul 1, 2003, 8:47:38 AM7/1/03
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:06:18 +0800, "David A. Allan"
<d...@REMOVETHISstreamyx.com> wrote:

>explained to the TM staff that only my unit number had changed...otherwise
>everything remained the same...address, condo name, floor number etc.

>So here we are, 8.00pm Tuesday and still no 'phone service (or Streamyx
>service).

If it were me I'd be looking for the condo switch box & doing it
myself! :-) When I stayed in a condo, all the lines ran in conduit
along the floor outside the front doors, with a small access plate.
I'd just open them up & do some quick chop & change if I couldn't find
or access the main board. Worry about the billing when you get back
from overseas.

:-)

Dave

Dr. Liew

Jul 1, 2003, 8:58:57 AM7/1/03
David A. Allan wrote:

> Went to Kedai Telekom Ampang Point last Friday morning - I was

It was Friday.

> how come it's not
> possible to arrange this over the 'phone or (even better) online, as
> it is in other countries?)

Maybe the need to see their client and check identity... avoiding the fake
applicants and all...

It's easier for the Telekom staffs to understand the client when sitting
face to face. Otherwise they will probably misunderstand everything you
tell them over the phone, considering the education level of their
employees... maybe darjah/tahun enam dropouts.

> Sistem slow sikit"!! Slow doesn't begin to describe it - two (out of
> five) counters manned and no-one being served.

Friday ler... Friday... Sembahyang...

> assured me it would be organised immediately. (Should have been
> suspicious at this stage...)

Get his name. Take photos of all the document you filled. Take his photo
also. Maybe IC voice recorder or even camcorder.

> pissed off and bored with her job. Initially spoke English to her and
> she replied in BM, so I quickly got the message and switched to BM.

See? I told you darjah enam dropouts, can't understand English.

> no idea, but explained it was a 'budak muda dengan rambut panjang' -
> she tells me his name and transfers me to him.

You forgot to add... Muka macam kuda, suara macam ayah sudah balik ke
rahmahtullah or something like that... :PPP

> How come he assured me then that it would be settled that day?

That's the problem. You didn't record it down.

> screwed, since I'll be leaving for overseas the day after and will
> only be back in two weeks.)

Aww marn. Sorry to hear that. I only can suggest that you leave it first
and take a nastier approach when you come back after 2 weeks. Enjoy your
trip. Bon Voyage!

> "Leader in Telecommunications"? I don't think so....

You are not alone...

> Can't connect to the MYSQL-server
>
> Ironic, or what...?

They will tell you they were suffering from another DOS attack.

Stream-My-Ass!

Wombat

Jul 1, 2003, 11:31:44 AM7/1/03
In article <3f017936$1...@news.tm.net.my>, David A. Allan
<d...@REMOVETHISstreamyx.com> wrote:

> I actually wanted to send them feedback via their website (it being 2003 and
> all), but click 'feedback' and you get this : Warning: MySQL Connection
> Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock'
> (2) in /var/httpd/site/telekom/htdocs/telekom/login/login.php on line 10
> Can't connect to the MYSQL-server
>
> Ironic, or what...?

Regulars here will remember Rkaru having almost a similar problem last
year.

Rkaru, think you can ask the missus to make THE phone call again ah? :-)

--
Wombat - A marsupial with an attitude.
ICQ : 721084

Rkaru

Jul 1, 2003, 11:16:06 AM7/1/03
"David A. Allan" wrote:

> Went to Kedai Telekom Ampang Point last Friday morning - I was planning to

David, I'm gonna forward this to somebody and see what happens. This is too
similar to the problems I faced when I applied for a line for my new house.

IMHO, the upper mgmt are making serious efforts to eradicate this kind of
malaise but it is just the lower ranks that are still too entrenched in the
'government' mentality.

--
Rkaru
"Heh...heh..."

Rkaru

Jul 1, 2003, 11:17:59 AM7/1/03
Wombat wrote:

> Regulars here will remember Rkaru having almost a similar problem last
> year.

Oh yea...

> Rkaru, think you can ask the missus to make THE phone call again ah? :-)

No phone calls this time... I'm gonna forward David's post over. (Hope you don't
mind, David)

--
Rkaru
"Heh...heh..."

Wing-Hoe, Lim

Jul 1, 2003, 11:58:58 AM7/1/03
Hmm...take deep breaths and keep thinking happy thoughts...

winghoe's genture: *take a couple of deep breaths*
winghoe's mind: *thinking..thinking*
winghoe: hehehhehee....kekekeke...muahahahahhaa....*very evil grin like The
Riddler*
winghoe's mind: *happily playing scenes of strangling that customer service
guy again and again*

:PPPP

--
winghoe

"ignoramus" <remove_me...@freeonline.com> wrote in message

ignoramus

Jul 1, 2003, 1:11:06 PM7/1/03
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 23:58:58 +0800, "Wing-Hoe, Lim"
<win...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hmm...take deep breaths and keep thinking happy thoughts...
>
>winghoe's genture: *take a couple of deep breaths*
>winghoe's mind: *thinking..thinking*
>winghoe: hehehhehee....kekekeke...muahahahahhaa....*very evil grin like The
>Riddler*
>winghoe's mind: *happily playing scenes of strangling that customer service
>guy again and again*
>
>:PPPP

Oh....that also can. As long as you don't actually do it. :-)

David A. Allan

Jul 1, 2003, 9:22:29 PM7/1/03

"ignoramus" <remove_me...@freeonline.com> wrote in message
> This is a Malaysia problem and it must be handled the Malaysian way.
>
> Malay Mail Hotline lah.

Been there twice already - Telekom (1993) and abusive taxi driver (1997)!

> Either that or take deep breaths and keep thinking happy thoughts.
> :-)

Indeed...*sigh*...

David

David A. Allan

Jul 1, 2003, 9:25:14 PM7/1/03

"David Baker" <mv...@tm.net.my> wrote in message
<snip>

> If it were me I'd be looking for the condo switch box & doing it
> myself! :-)

If only I were so technical-minded, Dave! ;-)

When I stayed in a condo, all the lines ran in conduit
> along the floor outside the front doors, with a small access plate.

Yup, same here.

> I'd just open them up & do some quick chop & change if I couldn't find
> or access the main board. Worry about the billing when you get back
> from overseas.

Hehe...not an option in my case, unfortunately (*blur*....)

David

David A. Allan

Jul 1, 2003, 9:28:46 PM7/1/03

"Dr. Liew" <nos...@dot.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> It was Friday.

*Sigh*...yeah....

<snip>

> It's easier for the Telekom staffs to understand the client when sitting
> face to face. Otherwise they will probably misunderstand everything you
> tell them over the phone, considering the education level of their
> employees... maybe darjah/tahun enam dropouts.

You have a point there.

<snip>

> Get his name. Take photos of all the document you filled. Take his photo
> also. Maybe IC voice recorder or even camcorder.

You know, I maybe should have done that.

<snip>

> That's the problem. You didn't record it down.

He just called and told me it'll take 'another two to three weeks'... ;-(

<snip>

> Aww marn. Sorry to hear that. I only can suggest that you leave it first
> and take a nastier approach when you come back after 2 weeks. Enjoy your
> trip. Bon Voyage!

Thanks...balik kampung this time....

<snip>

David

David A. Allan

Jul 1, 2003, 9:34:44 PM7/1/03

"Rkaru" <rkaru_...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message <snip>

> No phone calls this time... I'm gonna forward David's post over. (Hope you
don't
> mind, David)

Don't mind at all - after waiting over a year for Streamyx, I only got it
after making representations directly to the TMNet CEO at a charity dinner
we both attended!

David

David A. Allan

Jul 1, 2003, 9:33:07 PM7/1/03

"Rkaru" <rkaru_...@myrealbox.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> David, I'm gonna forward this to somebody and see what happens. This is
too
> similar to the problems I faced when I applied for a line for my new
house.

Thanks - just wonder if that's why the staff member in question just called
me (9.00am Wednesday)? Interestingly, he called me on his handphone (?!) -
and more interestingly, his h/p is DiGi! ;-)

Story is now apparently - because it's a Streamyx line, it'll take another
two to three weeks (?!), because there are no ports available...but what
about the port I was using in my previous unit? (Same block/samecondo/same
exchange?!) So, I have to 'sabar sikit' meantime...so what am I paying
for?!

Told him I'm off to balik kampung overseas tomorrow for two weeks...his
response was to as me to call once I'm back!

> IMHO, the upper mgmt are making serious efforts to eradicate this kind of
> malaise but it is just the lower ranks that are still too entrenched in
the
> 'government' mentality.

Very much so.

David

Stephen Lim

Jul 1, 2003, 9:41:34 PM7/1/03
I would like to add to your title..

I seriously give up on Telekom Malaysia (sounds malaysians to me) but
i am not a Datuk...

Dr. Liew

Jul 1, 2003, 10:23:00 PM7/1/03
Rkaru wrote:

>> Rkaru, think you can ask the missus to make THE phone call again ah?
>> :-)
>>
> No phone calls this time... I'm gonna forward David's post over. (Hope
> you don't mind, David)

OMG! They are really going to have it marn...

Two weeks later when David is back to his premise, he'll see Telekom
employees camping outside his house waiting for him to return...

Dr. Liew

Jul 1, 2003, 10:33:32 PM7/1/03
David A. Allan wrote:

>> Get his name. Take photos of all the document you filled. Take his photo
>> also. Maybe IC voice recorder or even camcorder.
>
> You know, I maybe should have done that.

I've done that twice with a few of Tenaga National employees. They panicked
and called their superiors out. Maybe thinking I'm from the press.
Woohoo... they were fast! :PPP

Dr. Liew

Jul 1, 2003, 10:35:55 PM7/1/03
David A. Allan wrote:

> Interestingly, he called me on his
> handphone (?!) - and more interestingly, his h/p is DiGi! ;-)

ROTFLOL!

Dr. Liew

Jul 1, 2003, 10:39:19 PM7/1/03
ignoramus wrote:

>>winghoe: hehehhehee....kekekeke...muahahahahhaa....*very evil grin
>>like The Riddler*
>>winghoe's mind: *happily playing scenes of strangling that customer
>>service guy again and again*
>>
>>:PPPP
>
> Oh....that also can. As long as you don't actually do it. :-)

What if it was a PYT?

Customer : *slurp* *slurp* *drool* *drool* *moan* *moan*
Customer's mind : *censored* *censored*

:PbPbPb

LadySilke

Jul 1, 2003, 10:40:18 PM7/1/03
On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:28:46 +0800, the honourable David A. Allan rattled off
about:

<snip>

>> Aww marn. Sorry to hear that. I only can suggest that you leave it first
>> and take a nastier approach when you come back after 2 weeks. Enjoy your
>> trip. Bon Voyage!
>
> Thanks...balik kampung this time....
>
> <snip>
>
> David

Enjoy your vacation! Take a nice break... recharge to the max... come back
here and blast your best.

They'll never know what hit them. LOL Oh and don't forget that you know
the TMNet CEO personally (in this country, name dropping helps with people
who have no sense of accountability). After all you got your Streamyx after
being so cosy with the TMNet CEO (should be able to send them quaking in the
knees... never try, never know. :-P).

--
LadySilke
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

-=HW=- >

Jul 1, 2003, 11:18:09 PM7/1/03
On 1 Jul 2003 20:58:57 +0800, the writer, "Dr. Liew" <nos...@dot.com> who

proclaimed to be Dr. Liew subtly wrote:

> David A. Allan wrote:

>> Went to Kedai Telekom Ampang Point last Friday morning - I was

> It was Friday.

This shouldn't be an excuse.

>> how come it's not
>> possible to arrange this over the 'phone or (even better) online, as
>> it is in other countries?)

> Maybe the need to see their client and check identity... avoiding the fake
> applicants and all...

I'll bet you they can't still identify fake applicants in person. :)

> It's easier for the Telekom staffs to understand the client when sitting
> face to face. Otherwise they will probably misunderstand everything you
> tell them over the phone, considering the education level of their
> employees... maybe darjah/tahun enam dropouts.

In a face to face situation, they still misunderstood the client as in
David's case. It's the attitude bro, their attitude.

>> Sistem slow sikit"!! Slow doesn't begin to describe it - two (out of
>> five) counters manned and no-one being served.

> Friday ler... Friday... Sembahyang...

Again this shouldn't be an excuse. Sembahyang Jumaat commences at 1:16 pm
(well into the lunch break). Whatever it is the Telekom office in Ampang
Point needs a major overhaul. I think the staff there is a demoralised lot.

>> assured me it would be organised immediately. (Should have been
>> suspicious at this stage...)

> Get his name. Take photos of all the document you filled. Take his photo
> also. Maybe IC voice recorder or even camcorder.

For your blog? LOL!

>> pissed off and bored with her job. Initially spoke English to her and
>> she replied in BM, so I quickly got the message and switched to BM.

> See? I told you darjah enam dropouts, can't understand English.

Hehehe.. Darjah enam graduates can't be employed even as a security guard
nowadays.

>> no idea, but explained it was a 'budak muda dengan rambut panjang' -
>> she tells me his name and transfers me to him.

> You forgot to add... Muka macam kuda, suara macam ayah sudah balik ke
> rahmahtullah or something like that... :PPP

Do note that the correct term is "kembali" ke rahmatullah, not "balik".

>> How come he assured me then that it would be settled that day?

> That's the problem. You didn't record it down.

A little white lie will do the trick to get rid of the client quickly.

>> screwed, since I'll be leaving for overseas the day after and will
>> only be back in two weeks.)

> Aww marn. Sorry to hear that. I only can suggest that you leave it first
> and take a nastier approach when you come back after 2 weeks. Enjoy your
> trip. Bon Voyage!

Leave your problems behind while visiting overseas. Heed Doc Liew's advise
when you come back.

>> "Leader in Telecommunications"? I don't think so....

> You are not alone...

That is very true for a monopolistic company such as Telekom Malaysia. You
can proclaim to be the number one when there's none to compare with, right?
:)

>> Can't connect to the MYSQL-server

>> Ironic, or what...?

> They will tell you they were suffering from another DOS attack.

> Stream-My-Ass!

Maybe their mailbox is "over quota" due to receiving too many complaints?
No?

--
-=HW=-
"Great spirits have often encountered

CitMal

Jul 1, 2003, 11:48:32 PM7/1/03
Take a look at the company vision & mission:-
Vision
"Our vision is to be the Communications Company of choice - focused on
delivering Exceptional Value to our customers and other stakeholders"

Mission
To achieve our vision, we are determined to do the following:

a.. Be the recognised leader in all markets we serve.
b.. Be a customer-focused organisation that provides one-stop total
solution.
c.. Build enduring relationships based on trust with our customers and
partners.
d.. Generate shareholder value by seizing opportunities in Asia Pacific
and other selected regional markets.
e.. Be the employer of choice that inspire performance excellence.
"David A. Allan" <d...@REMOVETHISstreamyx.com> wrote in message

Charger@HomeTown

Jul 2, 2003, 12:01:47 AM7/2/03

> Thanks - just wonder if that's why the staff member in question just
called
> me (9.00am Wednesday)? Interestingly, he called me on his handphone
(?!) -
> and more interestingly, his h/p is DiGi! ;-)

ROTFL! No policy such as, they can only use Telekom's service? Hmmm ;)

> Story is now apparently - because it's a Streamyx line, it'll take another
> two to three weeks (?!), because there are no ports available...but what
> about the port I was using in my previous unit? (Same
block/samecondo/same
> exchange?!) So, I have to 'sabar sikit' meantime...so what am I paying
> for?!

You staying in condo now? Lucky that you have Streamyx.

If you'd have a taste of my ISP, you'd curse them to hell everyday, every
minute, every second!

dreign

Jul 2, 2003, 1:04:47 AM7/2/03
Kedai Telekom Ampang Point the young guy(can't remember his name) is
helpless he know nuts. Somethime back send in my form to up-grade my
streamyx from RM60 to RM88. After 1 month went back and check my status this
is what happened:

KTAP guy: you account is under RM60 package.

me: 1 month back I have send in a form requesting to up-grade my account why
it's still rm60 package?

KTAP guy: Err... who you sent the form to?

me: I think it's you.

after a minute looking under his drawer he found my form and said.

KTAP guy: sorry your line is more then 5.8KM from the exchange you cant have
streamyx.

me: but I am already running streamyx. I just want to ungrade from RM60 to
RM88.

then he look for a older indian guy for help after a few words with him, he
come back and said.

KTAP guy:Ok I will up-grade this for next month.

me: why this month cannot?

KTAP guy: cos already mid of the month yada yada..yada..

me: ok then next month.

One month have passed got a call on my hand set from some telekom/tmnet

telekom/tmnet: Hi we are going to drop RM60 package soon. So do you like to
up grade to RM88 package? We can change your account on the sport do you
want to?

me: huh...I did ask to up grade 1-2 monts back is my account still RM60?

telekom/tmnet: yes still RM60.

me: RM88 then . thank you.

When you want to make changes you have to run here and there fill this form
fill that form, bring this and that(all the so call ISO).
When they want to make changes it's just a matter of a call.

Gerald

Jul 2, 2003, 4:21:33 AM7/2/03
'Borang-filling is a favourite Malaysian past time'.

To sum it up, at Kedai Telekom, be it TMNet or whatever else they
represent - Nobody there applies common sense. It is ridiculous to even try
to reason out with dead wood.

Also to note: TMNet is the ONLY ISP in this whole wide world, that require a
customer to go to their office in person to apply/make changes/make
payment/etc. The Internet revolutionised communication, and ISPs the world
over are leaders in electronic commerce with cutting edge systems and
solutions. ALL of TMNet's customers have internet access, so why the hell
don't they allow these changes be done electronically online via a secured
method?

If an ISP can't manage these simple task, how in heavens name are banks,
private sector or government departments ever going to go electronic?

Having to go to an ISP's office in person because of fraud or
abuse?!?!?!?!?!?

what about RHB bank?
what about Maybank2U
what about Amazon.com
what about ebay.com?

BTW. Can someone pls. inform the Prime Minister, that his initiative to move
the Malaysian government towards electronic commerce will fail according to
TMNet, because everyone have to go in person!

Then again, saying all these, I can almost hear a Kedai Telekom staff
whispering.....
Like dat-lah, watudoo?

--the-borang-filler

"dreign" <re...@nomail.com> wrote in message

David A. Allan

Jul 2, 2003, 11:08:13 AM7/2/03

"LadySilke" <glad...@ya.hoo.com> wrote in message
<snip>

> Enjoy your vacation! Take a nice break... recharge to the max... come back
> here and blast your best.

I'll try! ;-) They should know not to piss off a PR guy...! <BG>

> They'll never know what hit them. LOL Oh and don't forget that you know
> the TMNet CEO personally (in this country, name dropping helps with people
> who have no sense of accountability). After all you got your Streamyx
after
> being so cosy with the TMNet CEO (should be able to send them quaking in
the
> knees... never try, never know. :-P).

Sad but true...

David

David A. Allan

Jul 2, 2003, 11:13:59 AM7/2/03

"CitMal" <citizenmala...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Take a look at the company vision & mission:-
> Vision
> "Our vision is to be the Communications Company of choice - focused on
> delivering Exceptional Value to our customers and other stakeholders"

"Of choice"?!! What choice?!!

> Mission
> To achieve our vision, we are determined to do the following:
>
> a.. Be the recognised leader in all markets we serve.

Not difficult when you're the only one...

> b.. Be a customer-focused organisation that provides one-stop total
> solution.

LOL...if it wasn't so sad, it would be even funnier!

> c.. Build enduring relationships based on trust with our customers and
> partners.

No choice but to have a relationship with you, TM!

> d.. Generate shareholder value by seizing opportunities in Asia Pacific
> and other selected regional markets.

Charity begins at home, my dear fellows...suggest you get your own house
back here in Malaysia in order first, before entertaining such delusions of
grandeur!

> e.. Be the employer of choice that inspire performance excellence.

Well, if what I saw was inspired "performance excellence"....doesn't give me
much confidence in Telekom.

David

David A. Allan

Jul 2, 2003, 11:16:10 AM7/2/03

> Kedai Telekom Ampang Point the young guy(can't remember his name) is

Jebat.

<snip>

> then he look for a older indian guy for help after a few words with him,
he
> come back and said.

<snip>

That'll be the guy who wanders about in the background, looking
self-important? He wasn't amused when I asked about the delay in serving
people. Is he the Kedai manager or something?

David

ignoramus

Jul 2, 2003, 1:35:49 PM7/2/03
On 2 Jul 2003 10:39:19 +0800, "Dr. Liew" <nos...@dot.com> wrote:

>What if it was a PYT?
>
>Customer : *slurp* *slurp* *drool* *drool* *moan* *moan*
>Customer's mind : *censored* *censored*

If PYT only doesn't work for me.

Maybe PYT with CFM look...... :-)

dreign

Jul 2, 2003, 1:38:52 PM7/2/03

> Is he the Kedai manager or something?

Nah aint think so. most probly the manager is in his office playing
solitaire.

Rkaru

Jul 4, 2003, 12:07:07 PM7/4/03
ignoramus wrote:

> Maybe PYT with CFM look...... :-)

What about PYT with CFM look in VS?

--
Rkaru
"Heh...heh..."

DreamOn

Jul 23, 2003, 5:00:25 AM7/23/03
yeah i agree, especially that TMNet sucks---the Internet speed is
snailpace...and here's my two cent's worth on another so-called
"success" of TMNet---the once blue, now orange--Blue Hyppo website.
used to surf the site when i was in college.

Hey, anyone know what happened to the Hyppo? (personally i think that
was the site's only saving grace).

my sore points with the new look? it's old news...

a) i thought the website was for EVERYONE. it's message boards alone
are a put-off for young professionals. very teenage-centric,fluffy
discussion topics.

b) language barriers: most of the English content frankly, sucks. if
Blue Hyppo wants to measure up to the likes of Yahoo! it better
improve the look and feel of the site and spice up content,especially
its chat room, which is deserted most of the time.

DreamOn