TLA+ wikipedia article

Andrew Helwer

Apr 27, 2015, 1:40:10 PM4/27/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Looks some (anonymous) person was busy creating a new TLA+ Wikipedia article yesterday, April 26th: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=TLA%2B&action=history

Was it anyone here? Writing the article has been on my plate for a while but never got around to it. I'm interested in contributing but don't want to step all over your drafts.

Hernán Vanzetto

Apr 28, 2015, 1:07:31 AM4/28/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

I wrote that draft. I saw that an article for TLA exists for quite some time now but not for TLA+, so I thought that starting to write one would encourage others to contribute. Please feel free to modify it as you want and tell me if you need some help.

Hernán

Looks some (anonymous) person was busy creating a new TLA+ Wikipedia article yesterday, April 26th: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=TLA%2B&action=history

Was it anyone here? Writing the article has been on my plate for a while but never got around to it. I'm interested in contributing but don't want to step all over your drafts.

ερνάν / إرنان / ארנן / эрнан / 尔男 / एरनान / Hernán

Andrew Helwer

May 24, 2015, 1:43:01 AM5/24/15
to tla...@googlegroups.com
I think I finally have the article at the point where I'm more or less happy with it. You can tinker with these things endlessly, of course. Writing the history section was particularly fun - thank you Leslie, for maintaining such detailed commentary on your publications. Here's the article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLA%2B

I welcome any feedback. Not that you have to go through me to make changes; editors do not own articles.

In the future I may expand the articles on PlusCal and the temporal logic of actions, or maybe create one on TLAPS. That's several side projects away, though.

Andrew