Alloy and appify -- do I need separate apps for iOS and Android?

William Murray

Nov 12, 2013, 10:49:18 AM11/12/13
to tish...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Alloy and building my app for iOS and Android. I am using the Alloy CLI to compile my app:

alloy compile --config platform=ios

and then appifying my app to a temporary folder inside my project:

mkdir .mytiapp
tishadow appify -d .mytiapp -o 192.168.1.100 -p 3000 -r myroom

This works fine when I test on the iOS simulator. However, it seems I'm not able to compile from alloy for both iOS and Android and create a single appified app for both. If I compile to iOS using the alloy command above, the Resources directory in my project (not the appified project) contains both iphone and android directories, however, only the iphone directory contains an alloy directory along with other assets. The android directory only contains image assets and no alloy directory.

If I compile Alloy to Android:

alloy compile --config platform=android

the android directory in Resources now contains an alloy directory, but the iphone one does not.

Do I have to create two separate TiShadow appify apps, one for each platform, and then install each app into their respective test devices? If so, that means I have to use tishadow run twice, once to update the iOS app and the second time to update Android?

David Bankier

Nov 12, 2013, 4:53:55 PM11/12/13
to tish...@googlegroups.com
Currently yes, you will need separate apps. I think in alloy is moving in the direction that you won't need platform specific builds, but that is still some way to go.

David