SIPs Tiny House Wall Raising Workshop

lina

Mar 25, 2015, 8:31:40 AM3/25/15
to tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com

Think you might want to build your tiny house with SIPs? Ready for some practical, hands-on building experience? Want to have fun and feel empowered to build your own wee abode?

Angela Ramseyer of MightyMicroBuilt and Lina Menard of Niche Consulting are teaming up to lead a 2-day SIPs Wall Raising Workshop the weekend of April 25-26, 2015 in Vancouver, WA (near Portland, OR). Registration is available here: http://www.nichedesignbuild.com/store/p16/Tiny_House_SIPs_Wall_Raising_Workshop.html

In this two day workshop we will show you how to properly construct the shell of a tiny house using a Structural Insulated Panel (SIPs) kit from Artisan Tiny House. You'll learn how to use a variety of hand tools and power tools as we install floor panels, wall panels, and roof panels for a tiny house on wheels.

Space is limited, so claim your spot today!

Linda Pope

Jul 2, 2015, 8:06:40 PM7/2/15
to tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com
Lina,
I am still trying to get my tiny house going. Can't seem to get all the pieces together at the same time!

Somewhere I saw that you can have 1-2 ADU's on a church property as long as it is used for staff or volunteers. Since tiny houses are heading towards being ADUs (as I understand it), this seemed like a possibility. However, I can not find that citation now! Do you know anything about it?

I am interested in SIPs but could not go to your training (conflicted with teaching responsibilities). Can you recommend a company?

THANKS!
Linda

Linda C. Pope, MLA, MS
503-939-4008 cell

“This much is clear to me. If I can’t change my own life in response to the greatest challenge now facing our human family, who can? And if I won’t make the effort to try, why should anyone else? So I’ve decided to start at home, and begin with myself. The question is no longer whether I must respond. The question is whether I can turn my response into an adventure…”

Kurt Hoelting, author of Circumference of Home