Fwd: Home for sale for tiny houses

Kol

Jul 8, 2014, 6:29:35 PM7/8/14
to tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com
A House for tiny houses: The trailing message may be of interest to people on this list.

And a couple other random tiny house topics of note:

Question: Anyone figure out a good, simple method to keep tiny houses cool in hot weather (other than window AC units)? Inquiring tiny house owners want to know.

Open Tiny Houses: A lot of people visiting Portland want to see the tiny houses at Caravan. We usually can't show them unless they're happen to be being cleaned and a staff person is able to show them.

We love to be able to show them off. It's just difficult to find times to do it, especially during the summer season.

We'll have a couple of our newest tiny houses available for viewing during the Alberta Street Fair on Saturday, August 9th if you want to see a couple.

If you have a tiny house that you'd like for visitors to Portland to be able to see, let us know. We'd love to enable more Portland visitors (from all over the country) to see the interiors of tiny houses while visiting town if they're dying to see one first hand.

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Jason Walchli" <ja...@portlandrealtygroup.net>

I am a real estate broker and I am helping some folks sell their home in SE Portland, Foster-Powell area.   I am hoping to reach somebody in the tiny house world of Portland as the property has some unique qualities that may be of interest.  Please feel free to forward this email to anybody you think may be interested.

The property for sale currently has two tiny houses on the property, and has the set up in place to add more.  The lot size is over 22000 (over ½ acre), and they have told me that it is possible to get more tiny homes in there.  They have RV hookups in place for power, and have some very happy tiny housers that love the place.  The home itself is on the front portion of the lot – a well-maintained 3/3 with huge pull-thru garage and shop, greenhouse, storage shed, and tons of fruit trees, lavender, roses, berries, etc. Given the zoning and layout of the lot, it is also possible to divide the lot by creating a flag lot behind the home where the tiny houses are.

Here is a link to our FB photo album for the home, which includes much more details as well:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.582680595184284.1073741857.328899477229065&type=1

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions.

Best,

Jason

Jason Walchli

Real Estate Broker

Portland Realty Group

503.597.8710 Direct

Ross Kevlin

Jul 9, 2014, 11:44:38 AM7/9/14
to tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com
On the question about cooling, I'd try a shade structure, either to cover the entire tiny house, or at least to block the hottest afternoon sun.  Could be as simple as bamboo poles, painters clamps, and a drop cloth or tyvek sheet.

-- Ross Kevlin