I need a hero!

已查看 37 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Ben Campbell

未读,
2014年7月1日 14:34:472014/7/1
收件人 tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com
Salutations, fellow Portland tiny housers!  Tiny House Ben here (one of the many, apparently).  You may have seen me bumbling around with my tiny house in a preview for the Small Is Beautiful documentary.

Well, it seems my shot at the Guiness Book of Records' category of "longest tiny house build" will be falling short, as I've found a place to land in one month.  Meaning my house needs to be finished in one month.

Normally, I'd be able to rely on friends, loved ones, and tiny house enthusiasts to pound things out.  However, nothing that's left to do is really of the "pounding-it-out" variety.  What I'm looking for are skilled folks who know more than I do, who can help me with the specialized jobs that still need to get done.

Generally, these folks are referred to as "professionals," and they get paid good money to bestow their knowledge and skills on the commonfolk.  I do not have good money.  Heck, I don't even have a car.  What I do have (or will have once the house is finished) is a fair deal of skill after nearly a year of building, and ample free time for other endeavors.  I'm hoping to negotiate a work trade with someone, and would be willing to trade at a 2:1 rate (two of my hours for one of yours) to any experts who could use a hand in their own work.  If you're feeling generous, or if you're interested in an apprentice, here is the list of jobs that need to be completed:

The Jobs:
1: Bathroom - The walls and floor to my future wetbath are exposed insulation.  I need to figure out a good way to make my walls/floors/seams water-impermeable.  My shower will only be a gallon of water (think camping shower) so the setup doesn't need to be extremely robust.  I'm thinkin' water-resistant wood with liberal coats of polyurethane, but I still don't know what to do about the shower pan/seams, as well as my compost toilet.

2: Bed - I plan on building a custom bed based on the Ikea Hemnes/Brimnes daybed.  Basically, a couch that pulls out into a bed, with drawers underneath.  Picture 1 (Hemnes);  Picture 2 (Brimnes).

3: Door - I'm trying to fabricate a round-top dutch door (because I'm a masochist).  The door is actually the easy part - I'm going to have it CNC'd out.  It's the frame that's holding me up.  If anyone knows or knows someone who knows how to fabricate a round top door frame, I would greatly appreciate it.

4: Drawers & Cabinets - I've built the carcases of my kitchen cabinets and closet, but still need to build and hang the drawers/pull-out shelves.  I'm also trying to figure out a way to make my closet shelves easy to adjust up and down.  Perhaps something like this, or this or ???

5: Countertop - I'm hoping to make my own kitchen counter using a planer, jointer, and a whole bunch of glue.  But I'm a bit of an amateur with glue-ups, as well as an amateur when it comes to countertops (what type of wood to use, what exactly I'm doing, etc.)
回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子