Tiny House - Electrical Outlet Innovation

Eric Forti

Mar 28, 2016, 10:04:43 AM3/28/16
to Tiny House Network
Double your outlets at the touch of a button, and don't use any more space on your walls!

Hello All,
I wanted to share a new product that I'm launching via my startup company. It's called theOUTlet and it's shipping later this year (just got successfully funded on Kickstarter). This product feels like a no brainer for tiny house applications because it increases the number of outlets without having to use more space. Shoot me a note or check out our website if you'd like to learn more!!

Regards,
Eric Forti
Co-Founder

SocialBoostWhite.jpg

Adam Kartzke

Apr 30, 2016, 10:17:37 AM4/30/16
to Tiny House Network
what depth box is required for these outlets? are they able to be back stabbed with 12awg solid copper e.g. romex???

Eric Forti

Apr 30, 2016, 10:24:05 AM4/30/16
to Tiny House Network
Hello Adam,
theOUTlet fits into boxes 18 cu. in. or larger based on your box fill calculations. Our design does not use back stabs. We've just implemented screw downs for simplicity. We also understand that electricians typically recommend against using back stabs as they are less reliable.

Please let me know if you have any other questions I can help with.

Regards,
Eric