Any Tiny House Parking Solutions for NYC?

Jon Richardson

Jul 1, 2014, 1:58:02 AM7/1/14
to tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com

Hello All!

I am looking desperately for a place anywhere in NYC to park my tiny house. Do you all think there is anywhere it would even be remotely possible to park a tiny house in NYC? With only 150sqft I feel like there must be a solution somewhere.

(I want to live moderately close to Manhattan…)

THANKS!

Jason Arias

Jul 1, 2014, 9:47:01 AM7/1/14
to tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com
There is an interesting history around squatting / homesteading in the Jamaica Bay area. Particularly Barren Island, which is now a part of the Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge. Perhaps there's a hold-over of that sentiment in the area.

http://www.bridgesnyc.com/category/crossing/jamaica-bay/ (third section down)

I also have a hunch there would be access on Staten Island, but haven't researched it myself. Keep us posted on what you find.

p.s. Did you build your own tiny house? I'd love to see pictures!