Interview: Looking for tiny home owners

ktre...@studentloanhero.com

Sep 14, 2016, 12:56:02 PM9/14/16
to Tiny House Network
Hi there folks,

I'm a writer for Student Loan Hero, a site that is focused on helping pay down debt and increase their income.

I'm working on an article about how going tiny can give you more financial freedom, and I'm looking for people who made the change.

If going small helped you pay down debt or allowed you to work less hours to pursue your passions, I'd love to hear from you!

I'd like to do a short interview, so please contact me if interested!

C Bell

Sep 23, 2016, 3:13:57 PM9/23/16
to tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kat,

I'm debt free building a 100sq ft tiny house (with loft) on my new lot.  I've done this before and also lived on a sailboat and tiny apartments in Japan.

I'm in a small RV now while i build.  I just got hooked into the services, sewer, water and power.  So once my place is built life will be cheap cheap cheap.  And cosy.
I'll have a woodstove for free heat in the winter (lots of dead fall to gather for firewood)
Downstairs I'll have a couch, toilet and tub, kitchenette, wood stove, stool with fold up table and 32" flat screen on the wall.  In the loft a 20 gallon water heater, desk and chair by the window, bed, and clothes cupboards.

Hang my art, guitar, ukulele, keyboard and trumpet on the wall.  There's even room for a hammock in the small vaulted ceiling next to the loft.

I'm not a student but do have a degree in Theology and paid that loan off a long time ago.  But my way of life could inspire someone of any age who doesn't want to feel trapped by debt and rent payments.

Cheers,
Cary in BC, Canada

destinydwel...@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2017, 3:31:25 PM4/7/17
to Tiny House Network
Hey there! It has been a while since this post but I would love to take part in any way that I can sharing my story about how living in a tiny house has transformed my life after college. Please feel free to email me!