Seeking tiny/ADU to rent long-term

CJ Walker

Nov 7, 2015, 12:23:44 PM11/7/15
to tiny-hous...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeking a tiny house or ADU as a long-term rental, anywhere on the east side between the river and I-205, starting sometime Jan-March 2016. I'm car-free, with a small cargo bike and two sedate indoor cats. I've lived in Portland for 10 years, work full-time at a consulting firm, and have references from landlords and from folks I've built community with longterm.

When I was 15 I discovered a copy of Rolling Homes, documenting the housetrucks at Oregon Country Fair, in my local library. I've been watching and joining in whenever I can since then as ideas about living small have spread, and the opportunities and challenges of the movement have become more defined. I've done straw bale and cob construction, helped maintain community hydropower systems, and lived for a bunch of years off the power and water/sewer grids. I'm a city planner by training, so I'm familiar with Portland's zoning code landscape for tiny homes.

If you know of anybody with an opening for a long-term tenant I'd love to talk!

CJ Walker