Tincr 2.2 released with possible fix for browse button problems (thank you Jan Nicklas)

Ryan Ackley

Jul 19, 2013, 3:15:38 PM7/19/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I just submitted a new version of Tincr to the Chrome web store that hopefully fixes the issues with the latest version of Chrome stable (~28). It should be approved in the next hour or so.

This was all thanks to Jan Nicklas who submitted a pull request yesterday. I also compiled the 64bit linux version of the npapi plugin so that issue should be fixed s well.

After updating to 2.2, let me know if you are still having problems.

Daniel Leong

Jul 20, 2013, 2:38:30 PM7/20/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,

Tincr was working great for testing on local (file://) files until recently; I wonder if this update is the cause. I'm on Chrome 28.0.1500.71 and OSX 10.6.8.  Tincr doesn't seem to notice any changes, so I'm back to manual reloads.

Is there anything I can provide to help debug this?

Thanks!

Daniel

Ryan Ackley

Jul 20, 2013, 4:47:21 PM7/20/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Can you confirm that you are using Tincr 2.2? There were a few bugs in Chrome 28 that 2.2 attempted to fix.

Daniel Leong

Jul 20, 2013, 4:58:17 PM7/20/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com

Yep, that's the first thing I did. Extensions list in settings says 2.2. I disabled and re-enabled a few times and even uninstalled and re-installed, to no avail.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Tincr for Chrome Devtools" group.

Daniel Leong

Jul 21, 2013, 12:12:31 PM7/21/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Just an update... I fired up a little webserver and tried with Tincr—no dice. The browse button does work and it seems to find all the files, but it never detects changes.

Ryan Ackley

Jul 21, 2013, 3:33:17 PM7/21/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Daniel for the quick feedback, I've updated the extension with a fix for the issues you were experiencing.

Let me know if you have any more problems. It may take up to an hour from now for the updated extension to appear in the chrome web store.

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Daniel Leong <falc...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just an update... I fired up a little webserver and tried with Tincr—no dice. The browse button does work and it seems to find all the files, but it never detects changes.

Daniel Leong

Jul 21, 2013, 4:19:42 PM7/21/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic work! Just updated, and I'm back in business :) Thanks!

Joshua Fitzgerald

Jul 26, 2013, 11:15:22 PM7/26/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Tincr's not working here either. I've reinstalled and disabled several times... nothing. Please help. This extension is essential in my work.

I'm using Tincr 2.2.1 and Mac OS X 10.8.4

Thanks.

Josh

Ryan Ackley

Jul 29, 2013, 1:02:44 PM7/29/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

It must be something specific to your environment. When I try it on BrowserStack for your platform specs, the Tincr browse button works.

Can you inspect the Tincr background page and see if there are any errors in the console?

-Ryan

Tobias Müllauer

Jun 8, 2014, 10:39:30 PM6/8/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
i have Tincr 2.2.1 and i have problem with the browser button.

it not open upp a window.

Viktar Basharymau

Jul 22, 2014, 3:10:17 PM7/22/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I have the same problem. Tincr 2.2.1, Chrome 35.0.1916.153, Ubuntu 12.04.

Bart Van den Brande

Jul 28, 2014, 5:18:05 AM7/28/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Having the same problem here.

Working with Chromium on Ubuntu's latest version.
Browse button does not work.

Ben Williams

Jul 30, 2014, 2:21:55 PM7/30/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just downloaded this app and am receiving an error.

I inspected the background page for information. Here's the console's output.

I am on Linux if that is of any interest.

Patrick Copeland

Aug 5, 2014, 8:41:29 PM8/5/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Me too. Tincr 2.2.1, Chromium 36.0.1985.125, Ubuntu 12.04 x64.
Message has been deleted

Sinapse

Oct 8, 2014, 1:16:58 PM10/8/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I think with Google 28 Tincr has been substituted by Google Web Tools Workspace.

The only big limitation is that with google dev tools you can't edit DOM elements directly in the "elements" panel, neither the inline style definition.
However I found a better way for doing it;

There is an extension for Google Chrome that combined with an Intellij Idea plugin makes you live editing HTML, CSS, JS and it work amazingly.
It is probably better than using Google Dev Tool. The only disadvantage is that you cannot inspect the elements you are editing in the browser itself but you can obviously do it in your IDE which is even better.

I documented the process here if you want to take a look:

Luca

Dash

Jan 13, 2015, 12:52:18 AM1/13/15
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com, luca...@gmail.com
I just downloaded and browse button does not work for me (OSX 10.9.5). I tried multiple times with enable/disable and re-install.

Mikko Ohtamaa

Jan 26, 2015, 4:37:32 PM1/26/15

On Tuesday, January 13, 2015 at 6:52:18 PM UTC+13, Dash wrote:
I just downloaded and browse button does not work for me (OSX 10.9.5). I tried multiple times with enable/disable and re-install.

I can confirm this.

Tincr 2.2.1.

Chrome 41.

OSX Maverick.

Browse button does nothing. No error logged.

Shayne

Feb 4, 2015, 4:49:40 PM2/4/15
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Same issue here, 2.2.1 - OSX

Chrome version Version 40.0.2214.94 (64-bit)

Browse button doesn't work.

Darren P

Feb 7, 2015, 3:51:32 PM2/7/15
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Ditto.

All other extensions are disabled. No dice. Ye olde cmnd-R will have to do for now.

Salman Sadiq

Mar 1, 2015, 1:32:45 PM3/1/15
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm that Tincr browse button stopped working
here are my machine/browser details

Google Chrome40.0.2214.115 (Official Build
Revision831713c5c90271926c2ca70afaa969d32e4576f5-refs/branch-heads/2214@{#490}
OSMac OS X
Blink537.36 (@189787)
JavaScript

V8 3.30.33.16
here are errors in background.js

Native file support failed to load, trying to reload...
nativeSupport.js:14 Uncaught NotFoundError: Failed to execute 'removeChild' on 'Node': The node to be removed is not a child of this node.
25extensions::uncaught_exception_handler:8 Error in event handler for runtime.onMessage: TypeError: undefined is not a function
    at Object.ProjectManager.launchFolderSelect (chrome-extension://lfjbhpnjiajjgnjganiaggebdhhpnbih/ProjectManager.js:61:21)
    at chrome-extension://lfjbhpnjiajjgnjganiaggebdhhpnbih/background.js:14:24