Tincr saving stopped saving CSS

dan bibby

Oct 28, 2014, 12:34:07 PM10/28/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Has anyone else found Tincr has stopped being able to save CSS?

I've been using it without any issues for about 6 months but as of yesterday ( 27/10/14 ) it no longer saves any changes made in the Elements inspector.

Root Directory has the Project loaded successfully notice, and all paths to CSS and JS files displayed in the Resources list are correct. I've tried this on 3 different computers and all 3 fail.

Any ideas or similar experiences out there?

Running Tincr 2.2.1, Chrome 38.0.2125.111, Win 7.

Cheers

dan bibby

Oct 30, 2014, 6:41:32 AM10/30/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Further investigation has proven fruitless.

Attempting to use Tincr with local files no longer works. Attempting to use Tincr over a network results in a blocked browse button. So I guess that's the end of Tincr.

The only odd thing I've noticed outside of Tincr failing is that the links to the CSS files in the element inspector are no longer there when working on local projects. This has the result that I can't even use Workspaces efficiently as I can't easily get from the element in question to its CSS in the Styles Editor. (Image below showing where the link to CSS would usually be.)

Not sure what has happened this week, but I've gone from a pretty fast development set up to now having to abandon Chrome and look at Firefox as an alternative.

Ryan Ackley

Oct 30, 2014, 6:47:43 AM10/30/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
HI Dan,

I'll take a look. Have you looked at using Chrome Workspaces? It's kind of a tincr clone but done by Google. This is the reason I don't maintain Tincr anymore.

If Chrome Workspaces doesn't fill your needs, I would be curious as to why. If there is a valid reason to continue Tincr development, I would love to hear it.

-Ryan

dan bibby

Oct 30, 2014, 9:05:52 AM10/30/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Cheers Ryan. I tried Workspaces after Tincr stopped working, but can't get that to save either, but most annoyingly cannot click through from the Styles pane to the Styles Editor as shown in the image above. It really feels like something happened (possibly to Chrome) that is preventing me from being able to save to local files.

One thing I absolutely love about Tincr is the ability for changes made in the Styles pane to save to the CSS - it made small changes so quick and hassle free! Having to go into the styles editor after already changing a few values in the Styles pane and then change them again in the Styles Editor seems like an unnecessary step after using Tincr.

At the moment, and I'm sure spending a bit of time with Workspaces could change my mind, but the workflow feels a little fussier with unneeded additional steps, and the fact I cannot currently click through to the element's CSS from Styles pane to Styles Editor is a pretty fatal blow.