Tincr doesn't seem to save changes

Met Dev

Jul 8, 2013, 11:24:56 AM7/8/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I don't know if I'm misunderstanding how Tincr works, but I can't get it to save a change from Dev Tools to the file. Shot of my config attached. I'm doing this

- On the Elements tab of Dev Tools, selecting the body tag in my empty page and going Edit as HTML.
- Adding <h1>XXX</h1> to the HTML in the text editor of the Elements tag, then clicking outside the text editor to commit the change
- The h1 element appears in my browser
- Selecting the Sources tab and selecting Save As... on the filename.
- Confirming the filename and saving.

At this point the view in the browser refreshes to show the file as it was before my Dev Tools edit. What am I doing wrong??

Thanks!
tincr-config.jpg

Alex Giannis

Jul 10, 2013, 5:03:19 AM7/10/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Try disabling Auto-refresh.

Met Dev

Jul 10, 2013, 12:55:53 PM7/10/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Alex, that stopped the refresh on save, but didn't fix the main issue. When I refresh after saving I get the old version of the page.

Ryan Ackley

Jul 10, 2013, 2:13:57 PM7/10/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Met, Tincr doesn't support editing the main html file from inside dev tools. You can however edit javascript and css referenced by the page. Basically, everything you see listed on the sources tab.

You can edit the html file in an external editor and have Tincr auto refresh the page when that happens.

Met Dev

Jul 11, 2013, 3:48:17 AM7/11/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I see! Thanks Ryan, I'll give it a try.