Tincr 2.0 Released

Ryan Ackley

Apr 15, 2013, 7:27:14 PM4/15/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I released Tincr 2.0 to the Chrome Web Store today. You should be able to update it through the Chrome Extensions panel. I've added a few highly requested features and tried to address every major issue that has been reported.

 New Features
  • Customizable Configuration - After selecting an application type, you're shown exactly how Tincr is mapping resources to the local file system and given the ability to change it. No more tincr.json hell. See the new documentation at http://tin.cr/docs.html#configuring_resources for an in-depth explanation.
  • Full refresh - You can configure resource changes to trigger a full page refresh. This is now the default for javascript files
  • HTML auto-refresh - You can now use auto refresh with the main document.
Bug Fixes
  • Tincr should now properly map file paths that have URI encoded characters (i.e. My%20Documents)
  • Fixed a regression that caused auto-save to stop working if auto-refresh was turned off.
  • Switched to chrome.storage to prevent security errors some people were seeing with localStorage.
  • Native file dialogs are now modal on Linux and Windows. Previously, they would often open behind the browser window on these platforms.
  • Added better error checking in the NPAPI plugin to prevent random crashes that were occuring.
  • Other stuff I forgot.

Please try it out and let me know if you run into any problems. Thanks!

Bill Spingarn

Apr 24, 2013, 5:06:32 PM4/24/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure about you guys, but I'm honestly not a fan of automatically checking the auto-refresh box on javascript resources. Frequently I find myself tweaking a method's behavior and then looking at it in the browser, but the state of the page isn't the initial load– the feature I'm working on might be something that would need to be interacted with a bit in the UI so every page refresh destroys that state.

Either way Tincr rocks and I'm grateful for its development. Thanks.

Tim Shnaider

May 9, 2013, 11:39:31 PM5/9/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, nice work Ryan.

There appears to be a memory leak in the NPAPI plugin, memory usage can quickly grow to 1.5GB+ on my system in a couple of hours.
I am editing a RequireJS based project with HEAPS of files.

Ryan Ackley

May 9, 2013, 11:49:35 PM5/9/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
What OS?

Tim Shnaider

May 9, 2013, 11:58:44 PM5/9/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Normally good with providing system details upfront.

Win7x64
Chrome  26.0.1410.64

Running 2.1.3 from the Store.

Memory usage increases everytime I refresh the tab - it's a single page app so I need to do it a lot for certain changes.
Roughly 16mb in my case.

No leaks detected on file save.

Cheers

Message has been deleted