Auto-save disabled when Auto-Refresh disabled

Tim Shnaider

Apr 14, 2013, 7:17:28 PM4/14/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Amazing work, well done, this extension has triggered an explosion of extension ideas and I will use your code as a framework.

26.0.1410.64 m on Win7 x64

If I disable global Auto-Refresh, then Auto-Save stops working e.g. CSS file changes.

They should be independent of each other?

I'll have a look through code later this week to diagnose this, but in the meantime you may have a quick fix or already know about it.

Ryan Ackley

Apr 14, 2013, 7:21:24 PM4/14/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
thanks I'll take a look

Ryan Ackley

Apr 14, 2013, 7:27:36 PM4/14/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Are you using the version from the chrome web store or are you running this from source?

Tim Shnaider

Apr 14, 2013, 7:33:38 PM4/14/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Cloned from BitBucket this morning and running unpacked

Tim Shnaider

Apr 14, 2013, 9:20:06 PM4/14/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Well that was fun figuring out how to debug the DevTools panel extension seeing as this is my first look at extensions, but at least I got a handle on it now.

So you do a save of a content file and eventually that flows through to updateResource in ProjectManager.js (line 218).
If Auto-Refresh is disabled then var watcher = this.watchersByTab[tabId] is undefined, subsequently failing on line 229 watcher.addChangedByMe(localPath);

I guess there needs to be a check at this point for either autorefresh option is enabled, or just skip if watcher is undefined?

Ryan Ackley

Apr 15, 2013, 7:38:37 PM4/15/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Fixed it and it's part of the latest release, thanks for this.

Tim Shnaider

Apr 15, 2013, 8:41:19 PM4/15/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Nice one thanks.  I'll create an issue or fork/pull next time.

I think the first mod will be a global Check/Uncheck for Auto-Refresh for all files matching current Filter - I have way too many requirejs modules to want to do it manually.

Elijah Lynn

Nov 6, 2013, 9:15:58 PM11/6/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com

Sinapse

Oct 8, 2014, 1:18:48 PM10/8/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I think with Google 28 Autosave has been substituted by Google Web Tools Workspace.

The only big limitation is that with google dev tools you can't edit DOM elements directly in the "elements" panel, neither the inline style definition.
However I found a better way for doing it;

There is an extension for Google Chrome that combined with an Intellij Idea plugin makes you live editing HTML, CSS, JS and it work amazingly.
It is probably better than using Google Dev Tool. The only disadvantage is that you cannot inspect the elements you are editing in the browser itself but you can obviously do it in your IDE which is even better.

I documented the process here if you want to take a look:

Luca

Ryan Ackley

Oct 8, 2014, 1:24:30 PM10/8/14
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Luca,

There is no need to spam this announcement twice in the same list. Everyone who subscribes to the list will have already received your announcement when you mentioned it in the previous topic.

Note that there is also http://brackets.io. This free and open source editor supports live html/css/js editing.

-Ryan