Tincr doesn't save files

428 vues

Martin Finke

non lue,
31 août 2013, 03:48:2431/08/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Tincr only works for live-reloading files, but it doesn't save file changes...I have set up the "Http Web Server" config and set all 3 checkmarks in the Tincr panel. Live-reloading works, saving doesn't. It doesn't log any errors to the console.

I use Chrome 28.0.1500.95 and Tincr 2.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.7.5.

There's another guy who describes the same problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17933089/tincr-chrome-extension-wont-save-file-changes

Can someone please help?

Ryan Ackley

non lue,
31 août 2013, 04:55:2031/08/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Are you trying to make changes to the html file? That won't work.

Martin Finke

non lue,
31 août 2013, 04:59:1731/08/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
No, CSS and JavaScript. CSS changes in the "Elements" panel aren't saved back (no LESS/SASS, just plain CSS). Saving a JavaScript file in the "Scripts" panel (using Cmd+S) doesn't work either.

Ryan Ackley

non lue,
31 août 2013, 08:17:5231/08/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Okay thanks,

Since you have logging turned on, Tincr should be printing messages to the console. It should be logging messages when it first starts up and also when you try to save. What is it saying?

Le message a été supprimé

Martin Finke

non lue,
31 août 2013, 09:24:1331/08/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
When it starts up, there are several messages like this: "Content for url http://example/assets/css/style.css matches local file /Volumes/example/test2/assets/css/style.css". Some of them appear twice or even three times. There are no messages when I try to save, though.

On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 3:48 AM, Martin Finke <marti...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tincr only works for live-reloading files, but it doesn't save file changes...I have set up the "Http Web Server" config and set all 3 checkmarks in the Tincr panel. Live-reloading works, saving doesn't. It doesn't log any errors to the console.

I use Chrome 28.0.1500.95 and Tincr 2.2.1 on Mac OS X 10.7.5.

There's another guy who describes the same problem:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17933089/tincr-chrome-extension-wont-save-file-changes

Can someone please help?

Moss Doerksen

non lue,
18 sept. 2013, 17:31:4818/09/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I am also getting nothing.

Ryan Ackley

non lue,
19 sept. 2013, 10:55:2419/09/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
It must be something specific to your environment. I use Tincr everyday with no difficulties. The only suggestion I have is to try debugging the extension.

Have you tried Chrome Workspaces?

Elijah Lynn

non lue,
6 nov. 2013, 21:04:4806/11/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com

Same here with Ubuntu 13.04 and Chrome Version 30.0.1599.114 Stable.

Turned on console logging/debugging but nothing gets printed even after Chrome restart.

Elijah Lynn

non lue,
6 nov. 2013, 21:15:2406/11/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, August 31, 2013 3:48:24 AM UTC-4, Martin Finke wrote:

Jan Pozivil

non lue,
3 déc. 2013, 18:46:4203/12/2013
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem, did anyone manage to get it working?

I use Chrome 31.0.1650.57, Tincr 2.2.1 on Mac OSX 10.7.5

Robert (doogie.de)

non lue,
18 janv. 2014, 08:02:1418/01/2014

On Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:55:20 AM UTC+2, Ryan Ackley wrote:
Are you trying to make changes to the html file? That won't work.

That should be mentioned in the docs!  Did I understand you correctly?  Tincr can autosave changes made in the chrome dev tools back to the local file system, but only for "resources", such as CSS, JS, etc.    Not the plain HTML?

Could I just simply use the "Save as ..." menu in the browser?

Ryan Ackley

non lue,
18 janv. 2014, 10:48:3118/01/2014
à tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I just assumed that it's obvious. The html you view in the Elements panel is not the source of the page but the internal object model of the html you're viewing. Sometimes they will match but it's possible to lose data if you try to use it as an html editor.

Try out Chrome Workspaces, it's a built-in Tincr-like thing that Google has added to the devtools.

--
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur