Not working with local file urls with bash updated file?

Brad

Nov 18, 2013, 5:35:11 AM11/18/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
Hey! I'm having a problem getting local file urls to refresh on Mac Lion.

I've got a bash script that uses pandoc to take a markdown based doc, and generate an HTML file from it. It works great. Both the input and output file are in the same folder:

/t/it.md
/t/it.html

I of course thought this'd be a great thing to get working with Tincr, so I could just edit my markdown doc, and then instantly see my changes live reloaded in Chrome.

I've tried it, but Tincr doesn't seem to see my file changes all the time. Just at random times it seems to reload.

My process:
edit markdown file in vim and save changes.
alt-tab to chrome - no changes visible.
open generated it.html file in new tab in chrome - changes are visible
sometimes changes show up in file with dev tools/tincr open, sometimes they don't.

Any suggestions? I've searched the forums, and came across a post mentioning spaces in urls being a problem, but that's not it in this case.

Thanks,

Brad

Ryan Ackley

Nov 18, 2013, 8:36:56 AM11/18/13
to tincr-for-ch...@googlegroups.com
No idea. The file watcher happens in native code and from my understanding it hooks into the kernel to do this. Therefore, it's unlikely that the source of the change matters much.

More likely, it's a bug in the JavaScript handler. If possible, can you debug the background page? Set a breakpoint in FileWatcher.js and see if it's detecting the change and then follow the code path from there.

-Ryan