[Tikzdevice-bugs] Update:pgfSweave partly working, but problems with figures (R hangs)

Jenny Hutchison

Nov 24, 2011, 7:25:35 PM11/24/11
to tikzdev...@r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
Dear list,
An update to my problem - I've narrowed it down to an issue with my Eclipse
external launch configuration for pgfsweave, so I apologise as this not the
appropriate forum for the question (although if anyone has insight into
this, I'd be grateful!).

I confirm that I can run pgfSweave successfully from the R console within
my Eclipse environment, so clearly all the underpinnings are in place and
working correctly. I can edit the figure, and (after deleting the makefile
document), the figure is successfully rebuilt and all is well.

But I'm having absolutely no luck in figuring out the appropriate
adjustments to the Eclipse/statET launch configuration for sweave to make
it run correctly. It gets hung up somewhere after building the figure's
.tikz and .dep files but before the .pdf file is produced (at least, so I
assume because that's what I have/don't have when I cancel the command).
--
Dr Jenny Hutchison
je...@ausvet.com.au

Charlie Sharpsteen

Nov 28, 2011, 11:58:20 AM11/28/11
to tikzd...@googlegroups.com, tikzdev...@r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
On Thursday, November 24, 2011 4:25:35 PM UTC-8, Jenny Hutchison wrote:

> Dear list,
> An update to my problem - I've narrowed it down to an issue with my Eclipse
> external launch configuration for pgfsweave, so I apologise as this not the
> appropriate forum for the question (although if anyone has insight into
> this, I'd be grateful!).
>
> I confirm that I can run pgfSweave successfully from the R console within
> my Eclipse environment, so clearly all the underpinnings are in place and
> working correctly. I can edit the figure, and (after deleting the makefile
> document), the figure is successfully rebuilt and all is well.
>
> But I'm having absolutely no luck in figuring out the appropriate
> adjustments to the Eclipse/statET launch configuration for sweave to make
> it run correctly. It gets hung up somewhere after building the figure's
> .tikz and .dep files but before the .pdf file is produced (at least, so I
> assume because that's what I have/don't have when I cancel the command).
> --
> Dr Jenny Hutchison
> je...@ausvet.com.au

Hi Jenny,

Apologies, but I have little experience running R through Eclipse so I
can't think of any suggestions that may help. If you do manage to figure
out what the problem is, please post another follow-up if you have the time.

Good luck and thanks for trying our packages!

-Charlie

Jenny Hutchison

Nov 28, 2011, 6:15:27 PM11/28/11
to tikzd...@googlegroups.com, tikzdev...@r-forge.wu-wien.ac.at
Thanks, Charlie. A small step forward: if I 'clean' the project prior to
attempting to launch the pgfSweave configuration within Eclipse, the issue
of R hanging is resolved. The real problem then becomes apparent: although
a (correctly) updated .tikz file is created for my figure, the
corresponding .pdf is not generated.
I'm going to put it down to some weirdness in combination of versions of
Eclipse, statET, R, or the stage of the moon, as Alan Arnholt (who has put
together a nice guide for installation and configuration of R, statET,
Eclipse and sweave, pgfSweave
http://www1.appstate.edu/~arnholta/classes/InstallingR.pdf ) confirms that
my test document runs on his setup i.e. he's getting the pdf generated.
So, for now, I'll stick with running pgfSweave from the R console within
Eclipse and be glad that that is working!
Cheers,
Jenny

2011/11/29 Charlie Sharpsteen <ch...@sharpsteen.net>

Dr Jenny Hutchison
Director
AusVet Animal Health Services
Phone: + 61 2 6287 4483
Mobile: 0423 403 214
Email: je...@ausvet.com.au
AusVet's website: http://www.ausvet.com.au

This transmission is intended for the addressee(s) only and is confidential
information. If you have received this transmission in error, please delete
it and notify the sender. The contents of this email are the opinion of the
writer only and are not endorsed by AusVet Animal Health Services Pty Ltd
unless expressly stated otherwise. AusVet uses virus scanning software, but
does not accept liability for viruses or other defects in any attachments.

Cameron Bracken

Nov 29, 2011, 6:04:55 PM11/29/11
to Jenny Hutchison, tikzDevice Bugs, tikzd...@googlegroups.com
Jenny-

Unfortunately I am in the same boat as Charlie though I would be interested if you get it working properly.

-Cameron