[Tikzdevice-bugs] Announcing tikzDevice 0.7

Kirill Müller

Nov 21, 2013, 2:09:34 PM11/21/13
to tikzdev...@lists.r-forge.r-project.org
Hi

In a joint effort, Yihui Xie (author of the knitr package) and I have
prepared the tikzDevice package for release to CRAN and fixed a few
minor issues. The release candidate is on GitHub at
https://github.com/yihui/tikzDevice/tree/0.7-rc . Please install from
source using devtools::install_github("yihui/tikzDevice", ref="0.7-rc")
or (for versions of devtools older than 1.4)
devtools::install_github("tikzDevice", "yihui", ref="0.7-rc") . For
Windows users there is also a binary package, install using:

setInternet2(TRUE) # for HTTPS access
install.packages( "tikzDevice",
repos= c("https://github.com/yihui/tikzDevice/raw/0.7-rc",
"http://cran.rstudio.com") )

Unless there are major showstoppers, I plan to release to CRAN early
next week. The package passes all tests on Linux for all R versions from
R 2.14 onwards. Unfortunately, it hasn't been tested that well in OS X
or Windows. Please report issues at GitHub:
https://github.com/yihui/tikzDevice/issues?page=1&state=open
<https://github.com/yihui/tikzDevice/issues?milestone=1&page=1&state=open> .

Unfortunately, Charlie Sharpsteen did not reply when Yihui contacted
him. I hope he is well. Given that the last commit happened more than a
year ago, I guess I'll just take over maintenance for now. Of course,
this is not set in stone.

Happy tikz-ing!

Kirill

Stéphane Laurent

Nov 23, 2013, 1:55:35 PM11/23/13
to tikzd...@googlegroups.com, ma...@kirill-mueller.de, tikzdev...@lists.r-forge.r-project.org
Thank you !

I have just tried it and I have a Rnw file for which knt doesn't work with
the tikz device. But I'm not sure it is caused by the tikzDevice package,
because the error seems to be caused by gplots::textplot, and I have
compared with two different R versions :

- it works fine with R-2.15.3 with tikzDevice 0.6.3 and gplots 2.11.0
- it does not work with R-3.0.2 with tikzDevice 0.7.0 and gplots 2.12.1

The error occurs at the first plot chunk variation_dev1.

Stéphane Laurent

Nov 24, 2013, 4:52:26 AM11/24/13
to tikzd...@googlegroups.com, ma...@kirill-mueller.de, tikzdev...@lists.r-forge.r-project.org