Re: [Tikzdevice-bugs] tikzDevice archived and current status of development

Charlie Sharpsteen

Jul 16, 2012, 11:53:15 PM7/16/12
to xlco...@mirai-solutions.ch, tikzdev...@lists.r-forge.r-project.org
On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM, <xlco...@mirai-solutions.ch> wrote:

> Dear tikzDevice maintainers,
>
> first of all, thank you for this wonderful package. We're the maintainers
> of the XLConnect package and were recently contacted (amongst others) by
> the CRAN maintainers to remove references to the tikzDevice package since
> it has been removed from CRAN. We then found the current 0.6.3 release on
> r-forge which seems to fix some of the issues the CRAN guys were talking
> about - only missing thing may be the .Rinstignore file as suggested by R
> 2.15.1 R CMD check procedure. Are there any plans from your side to
> release a new version of the tikzDevice pacakge to CRAN in the near
> future?
>
> Thanks and Best regards,
> Martin

Hi,

The development version of tiikzDevice does contain fixes for the issues
that caused the package to be archived. Unfortunately, the development
version also contains a lot of material that has not been properly tested
and is therefore unsuitable for a CRAN release.

I just got back from an extended vacation and am currently in the process
of moving to Portland so I don't really have the free time to prep a CRAN
release at the moment---house and job hunting has to come first. I tried to
explain this to the CRAN maintainers but they decided to archive the
package anyway.

I should have a new release ready around the beginning of August. Many
apologies to everyone who has been affected by this turn of events.

-Charlie

Alastair Andrew

Sep 26, 2012, 10:27:30 AM9/26/12
to tikzd...@googlegroups.com, tikzdev...@lists.r-forge.r-project.org
Hi Charlie,

I hope your move and job hunting has been a success. Do you have any firmer
idea of when you might have time for another release of tikzDevice?

On Tuesday, 17 July 2012 04:53:15 UTC+1, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:04 PM, <xlco...@mirai-solutions.ch<javascript:>>
> Tikzdev...@lists.r-forge.r-project.org <javascript:>

Charlie Sharpsteen

Sep 29, 2012, 9:25:27 PM9/29/12
On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:27:30 AM UTC-5, Alastair Andrew wrote:
Hi Charlie,

I hope your move and job hunting has been a success. Do you have any firmer idea of when you might have time for another release of tikzDevice?

Hi Alastair,

Unfortunately, I don't have a firm idea of when a release will happen. Getting version 0.7 released is still one of the top items on my todo list, but other things keep getting in the way. It will happen as soon as I can get a block of free time big enough to go through the QA checklist on Windows, Linux, OS X and Solaris.

That being said, the development builds of the package are still available from R-Forge:

    install.packages('filehash')
    install.packages('tikzDevice', repos = 'http://r-forge.r-project.org')

-Charlie