[TW5] ? syncer-browser sync error

WiM

Aug 18, 2014, 2:59:33 AM8/18/14
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Problem: syncer-browser sync error while processing, when using TW version uploaded from node.js in a browser.

Until a few days ago I always used Opera browser without node.js to edit my TW's.

When I ran tiddlywiki tw5.014 on node.js and imported my TW everything worked okay. I could edit all tiddlers in my (opera) browser.

I had to local save or upload them to tiddlyspot to save my changes.

A) The problem occurs when I used opera or BB10 to edit a tiddler of the uploaded version (encrypted tw).

For every 'edit' I get the following

   syncer-browser time date (counter) sync error while processing 'Name of the tiddler being edited'  XMLHttpRequest error code 404
Similar for new tiddlers with  405 instead of 404.
(404 Not Found, 405 Method Not Allowed ?)

B) When I import the locally save TW in TW5014B on node.js again no strange alerts appear anymore.

When I'm on the road these alerts are disturbing the experience of TW because I have to remove these alerts one at a time.
The alert disappears very slowly. So if I touch the garbage-icon of the alert twice a big javascript error ERROR .... RELOAD PAGE is shown. Which I can ignore, luckily.

It looks like TW still thinks it is being run on node.js server, but it isn't.

My Question: What should I do to the TW to restore the normal working for a TW in the browser without node.js? Or is it maybe a bug?

Can anyone help?

Jeremy Ruston

Aug 18, 2014, 3:49:14 AM8/18/14
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi WiM

It sounds like you've got the plugin $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb loaded into your offline version of the wiki.

The presence of that plugin causes the browser to try to talk to the server; when you're running locally or against TiddlySpot there's no server, hence the 404s.

The answer is to remove that plugin from the standalone version of your file.

When you're running the client-server version you can download a snapshot standalone file that doesn't include the client-server components: see the Tools tab of Control Panel.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

WiM

Aug 23, 2014, 3:26:43 AM8/23/14
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Jeremy,

With my modified menu it was a little difficult to find. I finally found the tiddler for the config menu by checking the node.js config files for tiddlywiki.

It calls an interesting tiddler Which creates one big tiddler without the sync functionality. Opening that tiddler takes a lot of time ;-) and sometimes crashes the browser.

Did I understand from youtube tiddlywiki hangout #57 that the download offline version will be part of the standard config menu (from 15beta) and not only the node.js version?

Would it be possible to use the save offline tiddler if you try to upload to tiddlyspot using the node.js version?

KR WiM

Jeremy Ruston

Aug 28, 2014, 8:18:40 AM8/28/14
to TiddlyWikiDev
Hi WiM

It calls an interesting tiddler Which creates one big tiddler without the sync functionality. Opening that tiddler takes a lot of time ;-) and sometimes crashes the browser.

Yes, opening certain tiddlers such as $:/core/save/all causes TW to render the entire TW file itself as a tiddler.

Did I understand from youtube tiddlywiki hangout #57 that the download offline version will be part of the standard config menu (from 15beta) and not only the node.js version?

The change I made for 5.0.15 was to adjust the "save wiki" button in the sidebar when the tiddlywebadaptor plugin is loaded so that the save operation excludes the tiddlywebadaptor and filesystemadaptor plugins.

Would it be possible to use the save offline tiddler if you try to upload to tiddlyspot using the node.js version?

The change I made does also apply to saving to tiddlyspot.

Best wishes

Jeremy

KR WiM

Iannis Zannos

Apr 8, 2015, 6:25:43 AM4/8/15
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com

Hello Jeremy,

I encountered the same problem as WiM when porting my tw5square wiki to tw 5.1.7.  I use a shell script to do the rendering, instead of clicking a button.
The script is:

tiddlywiki ./ --rendertiddler $:/core/save/all ../index.html text/plain

If I remove the $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb tiddler from the node.js editable version of my tw, then the tw is no longer able to save changes.  Consequently I need to keep $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb in the editable version.  The question thus is:

Is there a way to run tiddlywiki ./ --rendertiddler ... so that the $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb tiddler is not included in the html export?

I am aware of the possibility of using custom folders inside a tiddlywiki to include only the pages needed, by customizing the code in tiddlywiki.info. I use a folder "readonly" for this purpose. The script for that is:

tiddlywiki ../readonly --rendertiddler $:/core/save/all ../../index.html text/plain

However
(a) I dont know how to *remove* a system/shadow tiddler explicitly with the above setup
(b) I would like to use the simpler setup with just the default tw tiddlers folder, in order not to have to create the custom structure and edit the tiddlywiki.info file for every new wiki.  Certainly, a script could do this, but I prefer keeping things simple (KISS).

Best regards,

Iannis Zannos

=====================

Danielo Rodríguez

Apr 8, 2015, 11:50:17 AM4/8/15
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hello Jeremy

The change I made for 5.0.15 was to adjust the "save wiki" button in the sidebar when the tiddlywebadaptor plugin is loaded so that the save operation excludes the tiddlywebadaptor and filesystemadaptor plugins.

Would it be possible to use the save offline tiddler if you try to upload to tiddlyspot using the node.js version?

The change I made does also apply to saving to tiddlyspot.

What save template are you using for that? I'm using the offline snapshot template from tiddlyweb plugin. Is there any other? Maybe in the core itself?

Roma Hicks

Apr 8, 2015, 12:41:53 PM4/8/15
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Hi Iannis,

What I personally would do is create a custom "$:/core/save/all" and just filter out "$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb".

Then just copy the build script and replace "$:/core/save/all" with your custom save tiddler.

Now when you need to build read-only, just call that script instead of the standard build script.

Danielo Rodríguez

Apr 8, 2015, 1:31:23 PM4/8/15

El miércoles, 8 de abril de 2015, 18:41:53 (UTC+2), Roma Hicks escribió:
Hi Iannis,

What I personally would do is create a custom "$:/core/save/all" and just filter out "$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb".

Then just copy the build script and replace "$:/core/save/all" with your custom save tiddler.

Now when you need to build read-only, just call that script instead of the standard build script.

What is the difference from using $:/editions/server/download-offline included on the tiddlyweb plugin?

Roma Hicks

Apr 8, 2015, 1:51:45 PM4/8/15
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
Oh, just realized that we were talking about a plugin, not core files.  I was on autopilot when I wrote that.  Nevermind.

Iannis Zannos

Oct 11, 2015, 10:54:52 AM10/11/15
to TiddlyWikiDev, jeremy...@gmail.com

Hello,

reawakening an old thread:

Can someone please give me more hints about how to do this?
I.e. how to avoid the error caused by "#:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb" when exporting html to a stand-alone file for serving with apache server?

Iannis Zannos

----

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 12, 2015, 12:12:38 PM10/12/15
to Iannis Zannos, TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Iannis

Can someone please give me more hints about how to do this?
I.e. how to avoid the error caused by "#:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb" when exporting html to a stand-alone file for serving with apache server?

You need to export the HTML file using the template “$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline” that is provided in the TiddlyWeb plugin.

In the browser, that template is automatically wired up to the “save changes” button in the sidebar, so saving will result in a snapshot that excludes the client-server components.

Under Node.js, you’ll need to substitute the above template for "$:/core/save/all”. For example:

tiddlywiki mywiki --rendertiddler $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline index.html text/plain

Yet another alternative is to have a separate wiki folder for the client-server configuration, linking it across to the primary wiki folder which is set up for saving as a standalone file. You can see this arrangement with the tw5.com and tw5.com-server editions in the TW5 repo.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Ioannis Zannos

Oct 13, 2015, 1:28:05 AM10/13/15
to Jeremy Ruston, TiddlyWikiDev

Hi Jeremy,

thanks for answering.  I will try out your save/offline template suggestion. I'll also look at the tw5.com configuration.

Best regards,
Iannis Zannos

Tobias Beer

Oct 13, 2015, 9:47:13 AM10/13/15
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com, zan...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

Under Node.js, you’ll need to ...
tiddlywiki mywiki --rendertiddler $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline index.html text/plain

If I run this...

tiddlywiki --rendertiddler $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline index.html text/plain

...in my tb5 wiki folder I get an empty html file.

What am I missing?

Best wishes,

— tb

Iannis Zannos

Oct 13, 2015, 10:14:51 AM10/13/15
to TiddlyWikiDev, zan...@gmail.com

Hello Tobias and Jeremy,

This is exactly what I get when I try the code suggested by Jeremy and tried by Tobias Beer:

an empty html file, no pages/tiddlers at all.

What are we doing wrong?

Iannis Zannos

-----

Iannis Zannos

Oct 13, 2015, 10:18:39 AM10/13/15
to TiddlyWikiDev, zan...@gmail.com
PS this is the command that I tried. It contains the name of the tw folder (Tobias' version did not contain it).

tiddlywiki 2worlds-single-folder --rendertiddler $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline index3.html text/plain

----

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 13, 2015, 10:40:37 AM10/13/15
to TiddlyWikiDev, zan...@gmail.com
Hi Iannis & Tobias,

Have you both got “tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb” listed as a plugin in the tiddlywiki.info in your wiki folder?

The template "$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline” is part of that plugin, and won’t be available unless the plugin is loaded.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Ioannis Zannos

Oct 13, 2015, 10:42:48 AM10/13/15
to Jeremy Ruston, TiddlyWikiDev

Hi Jeremy,

Have you both got “tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb” listed as a plugin in the tiddlywiki.info in your wiki folder?

Yes I do!

Here is the list of plugins from my tiddlywiki.info file:

  "plugins": [
        "tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb",
        "tiddlywiki/filesystem",
        "tiddlywiki/highlight",
        "tiddlywiki/codemirror"
    ],

Best wishes,
Iannis

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 13, 2015, 10:46:56 AM10/13/15
to Ioannis Zannos, TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Iannis, Tobias,

I tested running the following command against the tw5.com-server edition in the TW5 repo:

tiddlywiki editions/tw5.com-server --rendertiddler $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline index3.html text/plain

I got the expected output of a standalone HTML file that didn’t include the tiddlyweb and filesystem plugins.

It’s hard to tell what might be going wrong. Might $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline have been overwritten? If you run the wiki folder in client-server configuration and connect to it from a browser, what happens if you use the “save changes” button in the sidebar? Do you get a snapshot of the wiki without the tiddlyweb and filesystem plugins?

Best wishes

Jeremy

Ioannis Zannos

Oct 13, 2015, 10:53:19 AM10/13/15
to Jeremy Ruston, TiddlyWikiDev

Hi Jeremy,

It’s hard to tell what might be going wrong. Might $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline have been overwritten? If you run the wiki folder in client-server configuration and connect to it from a browser, what happens if you use the “save changes” button in the sidebar? Do you get a snapshot of the wiki without the tiddlyweb and filesystem plugins?

The snapshot I get with the save changes button in the sidebar runs fine on the localhost server, without any errors. I assume that this means that the tiddlyweb and filesystem plugins are not there.

I have not tried out the tw5.com server edition from the repo. Till now I created my wikis by running tiddlywiki --init.  I am going to try the tw5.com server edition from the github repo next.

Iannis Zannos

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 13, 2015, 11:02:02 AM10/13/15
to Ioannis Zannos, TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Iannis

The snapshot I get with the save changes button in the sidebar runs fine on the localhost server, without any errors. I assume that this means that the tiddlyweb and filesystem plugins are not there.

You can also check by looking at the “Plugins” tab of the control panel.

I have not tried out the tw5.com server edition from the repo. Till now I created my wikis by running tiddlywiki --init.  I am going to try the tw5.com server edition from the github repo next.

I wouldn’t usually recommend running from the repo directly; it’s usually better to install via npm. The exception is if you’re hacking the TiddlyWiki code yourself, then it’s better to run from a snapshot of the repo.

I think the problem must lie in the content or configuration of your wiki folder. Perhaps you could show us a listing of the file layout of the "2worlds-single-folder” folder?

Best wishes

Jeremy

Ioannis Zannos

Oct 13, 2015, 11:05:01 AM10/13/15
to Jeremy Ruston, TiddlyWikiDev

Yes, it is the npm version of tw that I am running.

The contents of my 2worlds-single-folder are:

➜  2worlds-single-folder git:(master) ✗ ls
output          publish.sh      tiddlers        tiddlywiki.info

Iannis

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 13, 2015, 1:42:15 PM10/13/15
to Ioannis Zannos, TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Iannis

The contents of my 2worlds-single-folder are:

➜  2worlds-single-folder git:(master) ✗ ls
output          publish.sh      tiddlers        tiddlywiki.info

Do any other commands work OK on your wiki folder? Can you serve it over HTTP?

Perhaps a good next step would indeed be for you to experiment with the TW5 repo, in particular testing whether you can replicate the example I gave above,

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Iannis Zannos

Oct 13, 2015, 2:42:32 PM10/13/15
to TiddlyWikiDev, zan...@gmail.com

Hi Jeremy,

I think the problem has been solved, and I think I know the reason for it!  I just tested a fresh installation with:

tiddlywiki exporttest --init

And then I tried

tiddlywiki exporttest --rendertiddler $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline index3.html text/plain

And the result is fine, to be seen here:

The tiddlywiki.info file produced this time is different from the one generated by my previous tries of tiddlywiki exporttest --init server. The difference is that a pretty long "build:" key is included in the info file.  That should be what makes it work.  However, this version of the info file has an empty plugins: key. I had to copy the "tiddlywiki/filesystem" and "tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb" plugins to the info file for the server version to work.

Facit:

1. The command tiddlywiki mywiki --init produces a tiddlywiki.info configuration file that works for exporting static standalone html versions for serving with http (apache or other), but does not contain the plugins required for it to run in a Node.js server configuration.

2. The command tiddlywiki mywiki --init server  produces a tiddlywiki.info configuration file that contains the plugins required for it to run in a Node.js server configuration, but that does not work for exporting static standalone html versions.

Suggestion: Perhaps consider adding the "build" key contents of the plain --init version to the --init server version.  That way the Node.js server inited version will be able to produce standalone html exports.  Update the documentation on Tiddlywiki.com to include the --rendertiddler $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline  command for exporting to standalone html.

Best wishes,
Iannis Zannos

Jeremy Ruston

Oct 13, 2015, 3:03:21 PM10/13/15
to TiddlyWikiDev, zan...@gmail.com
Hi Iannis

The tiddlywiki.info file produced this time is different from the one generated by my previous tries of tiddlywiki exporttest --init server. The difference is that a pretty long "build:" key is included in the info file.  That should be what makes it work.

Unfortunately, there’s no connection between the “build” section of the tiddlywiki.info file and the operation of the rendertiddler command. It must be something else that’s affecting your installation. You can test this by deleting the “build” section and retesting.

1. The command tiddlywiki mywiki --init produces a tiddlywiki.info configuration file that works for exporting static standalone html versions for serving with http (apache or other), but does not contain the plugins required for it to run in a Node.js server configuration.

That’s correct, and hopefully as documented.

2. The command tiddlywiki mywiki --init server  produces a tiddlywiki.info configuration file that contains the plugins required for it to run in a Node.js server configuration, but that does not work for exporting static standalone html versions.

It’s that last part that is in dispute in this thread: generating the standalone html file that excludes the client-server plugins.

Best wishes

Jeremy.

Ioannis Zannos

Oct 13, 2015, 3:23:51 PM10/13/15
to Jeremy Ruston, TiddlyWikiDev
Hi Jeremy,

OK I see another difference now: The server version has an includeWikis key that is set to ../pages and a config key that specifies ../pages/tiddlers as default tiddler location.  Perhaps this is what is not recognized by the render command that generates the standalone version. ???????

I attach the two files generated by the --init server and --init commands, for your reference. I will use my --init  + insert plugins manually in info config workaround for the moment.  (Yet still curious to see what the causes are).

Iannis

tiddlywiki-nonserver.info
tiddlywiki-server.info

Tobias Beer

Oct 14, 2015, 5:28:48 AM10/14/15
to TiddlyWikiDev, zan...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

Have you both got “tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb” listed as a plugin in the tiddlywiki.info in your wiki folder?

Nope, because I don't want that plugin on tb5 as it threw those nice alerts on GitHub pages. ;-)

The template "$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline” is part of that plugin, and won’t be available unless the plugin is loaded.

Ah, of course, great! I just copied that tiddler somewhere to my tiddlers folder and now this works fine...

tiddlywiki --rendertiddler $:/plugins/tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb/save/offline index.html text/plain

So, no need to have some "publish" edition.
I can simply define a build that outputs a standalone tb5
to the actual target folder in the GitHub pages repository.
Commit. Push. Done.

Interestingly, when I look at the thusly created TiddlyWiki file,
there are two fields gone at pretty much every tiddler,
namely "bag" and "revision".

Best wishes,

— tb

Tobias Beer

Oct 14, 2015, 5:47:43 AM10/14/15
to tiddly...@googlegroups.com, zan...@gmail.com
Hi Jeremy,

Interestingly, when I look at the thusly created TiddlyWiki file,
there are two fields gone at pretty much every tiddler,
namely "bag" and "revision".

Ah, I had those removed from my tiddlywiki.info in that folder:

        "tiddlywiki/tiddlyweb",

"tiddlywiki/filesystem",

Now that these plugins are back, the fields are back, too.
Anyhow, I can now build it without those plugins in the output.
All I wanted.

Best wishes,

— tb