Previous editions of Tiddlywiki

Shash

Jan 17, 2013, 9:22:04 AM1/17/13
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
With the burst of developments in the recent past TW has grown to version 2.7.1. But due to some issues with dropbox, I am interested in downloading the previous version 2.6.5. The problem is I am not able to find where it is archived. Can someone give me the link?

Also the recent talk on the upgrading (placing the upgraded empty version in the same folder and deleting the data contained TW while it is open in the browser) work with downgrading as well?

Thanks!
Shash

Scott Simmons

Jan 17, 2013, 10:34:33 AM1/17/13
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Shash —

I'm not sure if there's a proper archive somewhere, but I had an empty copy of 2.6.5 handy, so I put it up here where you can grab it:

:)

Jeremy Ruston

Jan 17, 2013, 10:58:25 AM1/17/13
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Shash

There is indeed an archive of old versions of TiddlyWiki here:

The upgrade procedure should work to downgrade between recent versions of the TiddlyWiki core.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

Shash

Jan 18, 2013, 1:28:09 AM1/18/13
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com
A quick check is required. Any download from the archive still points to version 2.7.0

//<![CDATA[
var version = {title: "TiddlyWiki", major: 2, minor: 7, revision: 0, date: new Date("December 15, 2012"), extensions: {}};
//]]>

Can someone try download an empty zip and open it in notepad and check the version please. Thanks!!!

Eric Shulman

Jan 18, 2013, 2:21:14 AM1/18/13
to TiddlyWiki
On Jan 17, 10:28 pm, Shash <skmurth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A quick check is required. Any download from the archive still points to
> version 2.7.0
> Can someone try download an empty zip and open it in notepad and check the
> version please. Thanks!!!

> >http://tiddlywiki.com/archive/

The "Download" button in archived version points to http://www.TiddlyWiki.com/empty.zip

Thus, it always delivers the current posted release of TiddlyWiki. To
get an archived version of TiddlyWiki, you need to go to the above URL
to view the list of previous versions, and then RIGHT-click on the
link for the desired version, and choose "save link as..." to save a
local copy of index.html

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools / ELS Design Studios

HELP ME TO HELP YOU - MAKE A CONTRIBUTION TO MY "TIP JAR"...
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Donations

Professional TiddlyWiki Consulting Services...
Analysis, Design, and Custom Solutions:
http://www.TiddlyTools.com/#Contact

Shash

Jan 18, 2013, 2:30:57 AM1/18/13