Certain SVG Image wont apper as my page background

Diego Mesa

Nov 9, 2017, 10:04:55 PM11/9/17
to TiddlyWiki
I wanted to try and mess around with setting Tobias' fish version of the tiddler poster (attached) as my page background. However, neither on his page, or on tiddlywiki.com (or mine), when I set the page background image field to the correct tiddler, does the fish actually show up. Other svg images work, like Tiddler Fishes.svg.

I am able to add the fish to my sidebar as shown in the attached screenshot, by just adding: <div class="tb5-fish">{{$:/.img/fish.svg}}</div> to my TableOfContents tiddler. I can even modify it with CSS (I flip it, and add some margins, like on tobias' site). Is it possible to do this on my page background?

Thanks
temp.png
$__.img_fish.svg.json

Ton Gerner

Nov 10, 2017, 11:33:46 AM11/10/17
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Diego,

Sorry, I can't help, but I saw a very simple core SVG as $:/languages/en-GB/icon does not work either.
May be that can help the SVG experts?

Cheers,

Ton

Jeremy Ruston

Nov 10, 2017, 12:39:02 PM11/10/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego

I can confirm that is a bug, and it’s now fixed for 5.1.15:

I’ve also uploaded a new prerelease that includes the fix:

Many thanks,

Jeremy.

<temp.png><$__.img_fish.svg.json>

Diego Mesa

Nov 10, 2017, 3:48:39 PM11/10/17
to TiddlyWiki
Great! Thanks Jeremy!

Does anyone know how I can "grab hold" of the page background image with css? When I test the fish on the prerelease with options : fixed to window and cover, its size and placement is all whacky. Is there some way to assign it a class I can then edit with stylesheet tiddler?

Diego Mesa

Nov 14, 2017, 2:02:43 PM11/14/17
to TiddlyWiki

Just a bump!

Jeremy Ruston

Nov 15, 2017, 11:46:07 AM11/15/17
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego

Does anyone know how I can "grab hold" of the page background image with css? When I test the fish on the prerelease with options : fixed to window and cover, its size and placement is all whacky. Is there some way to assign it a class I can then edit with stylesheet tiddler?

You may be able to use the background-position-x/y CSS properties. Try something like this in a stylesheet tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet:

html body.tc-body {
    background-position-x: 100px;
    background-position-y: 100px;
}