Re: [tw] MyTiddlyWiki It's not possible to save changes

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 28, 2012, 8:52:20 AM9/28/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
If you're using Firefox version 15 or later you'll need to install the
new TiddlyFox plugin to enable saving:

https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/raw/master/tiddlyfox/extension/tiddlyfox.xpi

Best wishes

Jeremy.

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:23 AM, blue llyr <blue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I can't save the tiddlers
> I'm using OS Ubuntu and 18.0.1025.151 (Developer Build 130497 Linux) Ubuntu
> 11.04
> and it is the same with firefox and opera.
>
> What can I do about it?
> thank you
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jeremy...@gmail.com

Mark S.

Sep 28, 2012, 1:16:37 PM9/28/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, jeremy...@gmail.com

Hello,

I'm on FF 15.0.1

I don't have TiddlyFox currently installed. I renamed TiddlySaver.jar to TiddlySaver.raj in the TW's home directory so I assume that that feature is effectively off.

Yet I am able to save changes.

How is this possible? Maybe the security enhancement actually came in after 15.0.1 ?

What I'm not able to do is use the native import tool to import anything. I can only do that using Eric's import tool AND local files as the import source.

Thanks,
Mark

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 28, 2012, 1:20:17 PM9/28/12
to Mark S., tiddl...@googlegroups.com
If you granted permission under an earlier version of Firefox to a
TiddlyWiki file at a particular pathname, then (utterly confusingly)
that file will continue to work just fine after you upgrade to FF15 -
as long as you don't rename or move it.

Best wishes

Jeremy

Mark S.

Sep 28, 2012, 2:56:28 PM9/28/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Mark S., jeremy...@gmail.com
Ok, so I took my file (empty.html) and copied it to:

  kill-this-test-file.html

I was pretty sure I hadn't used this name before.

I made some changes and saved them -- it worked!

Then I copied the kill... file over to my F:\ partition and opened it up. Made some changes. Saved them. Works!

My about:config is filled with stuff going back FF 3.6. I wonder if there is some setting that over-rides  the "improved" FF 15 arrangement. I remember making some config change after some other previous FF upgrade that temporarily stopped TW, but that was 2 or 3 years ago.

Mark

Jeremy Ruston

Sep 28, 2012, 3:33:24 PM9/28/12
to Mark S., tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Interesting - perhaps you could repeat the test with a clean profile?

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston

Mark S.

Sep 28, 2012, 6:10:40 PM9/28/12
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Mark S.

Yep. In the clean profile, saves don't happen.

I know there was some sort of over-ride that I did 2 or 3 years ago when TW wasn't saving. Probably even asked in this forum. Probably something in the config file.

Mark