[Tank] Bookmarks and bookmarklet

chris...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 2:39:20 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com

I've borrowed (with permission) Ben Gillies' bookmarking system from
TiddlySpace and made an adaptation for tank. It's still a bit rough
around the edges, but does the job at least some of the time.

Learn more at:

https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/bookmarker/index

--
Chris Dent http://burningchrome.com/
[...]

PMario

Mar 6, 2014, 3:27:24 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
If I open the link https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/bookmarker/index

There is no indication, that I'm in the bookmarks tank.
The header of the page just says: Changes.

The text heading is "Index"
The text says:   "This tank can be composed ...."

So what is "This" ? ... Index or Changes?

-m

PMario

Mar 6, 2014, 3:28:26 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible, to change the tank for a comp?
Can I rename a comp, if I choose a name with a typo?
-m

PMario

Mar 6, 2014, 3:33:57 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
The "action" links top right
eg:
> Move this tiddler ... (?)
> This tank is composable ..

should change the mouse pointer on hover, so you get a visual feedback, that the text is clickable.
-m

PMario

Mar 6, 2014, 3:37:07 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to have the "Home" icon on every page as the first icon top left.
Home should always be the first icon.

The "Dash text" could be removed for me, if there would be the icon.

btw: I like the "tank" functionality. ... but the UI is confusing ... for me :)

-mario

chris...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 4:47:44 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, PMario wrote:

> If I open the link https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/bookmarker/index
>
> There is no indication, that I'm in the bookmarks tank.
> The header of the page just says: Changes.

That's a good point. I've made an issue:

https://github.com/cdent/tank/issues/91

> The text heading is "Index"
> The text says: "This tank can be composed ...."
>
> So what is "This" ? ... Index or Changes?

It's index.

The hope is that if you haven't already followed the "composed" link
you will and will find a bit more context to explain what's going on,
ditto with the ? mark link next to the "This tank is composable" bit.

More in response to your other messages.

chris...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 4:50:51 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, PMario wrote:

> Is it possible, to change the tank for a comp?

Not yet, but this issue exists:

https://github.com/cdent/tank/issues/90

> Can I rename a comp, if I choose a name with a typo?

Not yet. The easiest thing to do, now, is to just make a new comp
(using the same source and target) and not use the first one.

In the future (with the resolution of the above issue) there will be
ways to change the contents of the recipe that makes up the comp as
well as ways to delete the comp.

more to come

chris...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 4:52:34 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, PMario wrote:

Good catch, thanks, I've made an issue for this:

https://github.com/cdent/tank/issues/92

chris...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 5:08:16 PM3/6/14
to tidd...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 6 Mar 2014, PMario wrote:

> I'd love to have the "Home" icon on every page as the first icon top left.
> Home should always be the first icon.

What would you want "home" to mean? The actual frontpage at /, your
dash (at /dash), or your sharing space (at /tanks/pmario)?

The choice of navigation links (top and bottom) is quite challenging.

The icon which shows the policy for the tank is there to give a quick
at a glance sense of possibilities. At a glance, to me, implies upper
left.

"Changes" gets the prominence it does because that's one of the key
factors in what makes a wiki a wiki: Seeing what's changed recently.

"Dash" is there so you have some way to navigate back to your stuff.
Its position is awkward but I'm not sure where it should go.

> The "Dash text" could be removed for me, if there would be the icon.

I couldn't think of a good icon, any good ones here:

http://fontawesome.io/icons/

> btw: I like the "tank" functionality. ... but the UI is confusing ... for
> me :)

For everyone. I've intentionally made a point of not letting my own
reluctance to build interfaces prevent me from getting features out
there for review. It's only through the review process that the
functionality and UI can be tuned into something that works well for
the most people. Of course, there's also that the fact that since it
has been just me doing the work the interface is going to reflect a
certain style and set of priorities that may not be to everyone's
taste. That's fine, it would be a boring world if everyone found
everything likable.

The current design, UI and feature set are by no means done or static.
They are initial attempts that I hope to refine with time. The more
feedback I get the better it will get. I don't, currently, have the
resources to engage additional paid resources to accelerate the
process any faster than it is going now.

Thank you, and everyone else, for the feedback thus far, I think
things are coming along nicely.