INCREDIBLE BEER TIE TONIGHT!!!!!

Daniel Davala

Feb 12, 2013, 1:04:17 AM2/12/13
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
The initials of our host say it best - WOW!!!  Sorry, couldn't resist.  I am truly overwhelmed at the success of tonight's BEER TIE.  Thank you all for turning out and kicking off an incredible new season of BEER TIEs at our new host location, Whitlow's on Wilson.  After many successive head counts, Melody finally lost track after 92, so records were shattered for sure.  With all of the generous raffle donations, we were able to raise just over $400 for the club which is tremendous.

Thank you to all who donated items to the raffle, and thank you to all who participated.  Thank you also to Rob Snowhite for serving tirelessly at our beginner's table and teaching all who could find a seat how to tie a Shad fly.  Thank you to all who supported our new location by purchasing food and drink.  And thanks once again to our new host, Whitlow's on Wilson for providing such an excellent venue, and excellent service throughout the evening.  Following up with them once the smoke cleared confirmed that they were very pleased with how we treated them as well.

I couldn't be more thrilled with how this evening went, and I'm looking forward to more incredible BEER TIEs at Whitlow's in the months to come.  The next several BEER TIEs are listed on our EVENTS PAGE, so please make a note and mark your calendars now.  Also, the April BEER TIE and TPFR 4-YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY will be on April 1st.  Details on that one to come!

Dan Davala
IMG_3108.JPG
IMG_3114.JPG
IMG_3115.JPG
IMG_3118.JPG
IMG_3120.JPG
IMG_3126.JPG

TurbineBlade

Feb 12, 2013, 8:44:27 AM2/12/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a good venue!  We missed out on the fun getting hung-up (hanged-up is tecnically correct, no?) at work.  Bummer --

Gene

namfos

Feb 12, 2013, 12:26:49 PM2/12/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Excellent venue.  More room to move around and the prices on food and drink were totally appropriate for even cheapskate fly tiers eager to conserve dollars for materials.  More pics attached.

Mark

2013-02-11 20.40.38.jpg
2013-02-11 20.43.23.jpg
2013-02-11 20.40.54.jpg
2013-02-11 20.43.05.jpg
2013-02-11 20.40.47.jpg

Rob Snowhite

Feb 12, 2013, 2:17:36 PM2/12/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
User error on my end, so no  link to a time lapse video this month. Great turnout. We went through about 70 hooks at the learning table!

Rob Snowhite

--
http://www.tpfr.org
---

Matt S.

Feb 12, 2013, 8:32:13 PM2/12/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
It was my first beer tie but won't be my last. Many thanks for organizing it. Matt

michael.d...@gmail.com

Apr 15, 2013, 3:36:32 PM4/15/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'm planing on coming to the next one in May. Am just now buying tools and materials. I've found YouTube videos of fly tying to be very helpful. Have taken a liking to Mat Groder's ( I think I have the last name spelled right...) videos...though I doubt I will leave as much room on the shank behind the eye as he does for a tippet terminal knot. Have plenty to get started now.. Looking forward to it.

My interest is trout and small mouth bass mostly...with some interest in still water fishing for sunfish, including large mouth bass.  I hope to get into inshore fly fishing from my kayak as well.  I'm a bit intrigued by two handed spey casting and I am a student of single handed now....own a few DVD's on it and have practiced it some on the water.

I get the impression that the club president is practicing his Carol Burnett Tarzan yell in one of the photos... ;-)

At any rate, looking forward to being active in the group this year...

Mike Vance