May 2011 BEER TIE

Daniel Davala

May 25, 2011, 6:37:47 AM5/25/11
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks again to everyone who came out for another great BEER TIE!  We had 25 people attend this one, and 7 people tied either their first fly ever, or their first one in over 20 years.  Thank you to Dalton and Trent for taking turns with me at the beginner's table.  Thank you also to all of our tiers that contributed to what turned out to be a HUGE collection of flies by the end of the night.  Many members got some great deals shopping the stripping basket for $1 per fly, and at the end of the night nearly everyone wanted a shot at the raffle.  It couldn't have gone to a more deserving recipient - new member Alicia (sp?) won the whole lot with the purchase of only 2 tickets.  We didn't get a total count, but she went home with over 150 flies of all varieties for only 2 bucks!  Through fly sales, the raffle, and a few generous donations, we made over $120 for the club and with all of the pints I saw poured, I'm pretty sure our host RiRa did great as well.  See you all at the next one on Monday, June 13, 2011!

Dan

IMG_5061.jpg
IMG_5068.jpg
IMG_5071.jpg