Thank you, TPFRs!

Mollie Simpkins

Aug 14, 2012, 8:32:39 PM8/14/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
On behalf of everyone involved in Casting for Recovery, volunteers and retreat participants, Thank You for your continued generosity to CFR.  Thank your for spending a couple of hours bathed in pink and purple. I got in my car this morning, in the light of day, and there were pink feathers and marabou everywhere!  Thank, you to veteran tiers and newbies, for tying items for the ladies of the Maryland and Virginia retreats to enjoy.  The story of your generosity will be shared with them.

It is hard to explain what the retreats mean to the women that get to attend and how it changes their lives.  Perhaps this video can give you a small glimpse into the world of CFR and why those of us who work with the organization feel blessed to do so.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzNDlcH9jWA

As you see, men are involved in the program and on many levels.  Men are not only allowed, but encouraged to become River Helpers. They join us on the final day of the retreat and are paired up with a participant.  This person will assist the woman as much or little as she needs or wants. It's all about her.  We have men that assist in fundraising and in Program Coordinator positions.  If you have interest in being part of the all volunteer staff of the Casting for Recovery Mid-Atlantic Program, please send me an email at mollie....@gmail.com

As I stated during the BEER TIE, we are also looking women who may be interested in training for future retreats.  Those positions include Medical and Psycho-social Facilitators,Participant Coordinators, and Hospitality.  If you are or know someone who might be interested, please send them my way.  The Mid-Atlantic Program covers a vast area in serving women from Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, DC. While we currently only have retreats in Maryland and Virginia, we would love to expand and for that we need more staff.

Sorry for going on, but it's an organization that I'm (obviously) passionate about and I want nothing more than to help grow it and serve more women.

With that I will close by again saying THANK YOU TPFRs for taking on the pink stuff for a night..thanks to Dan and Dalton for getting the word out.   And..as soon as the information is ready to release (which will be soon) I'll post information about the 2Fly!

See you next month!

Mollie

ps..hopefully Casey will post pictures of all the goodies!

Daniel Davala

Aug 15, 2012, 10:33:40 AM8/15/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to extend my thanks as well to all of you who made it out and contributed to the cause.  We had 48 TPFRers in attendance over the course of the evening and collected dozens of flies for Casting For Recovery.  As a regular volunteer at CFR Retreats and the 2-Fly tournament, I cannot stress enough how awesome the organization is and what important work they are doing.  Please contact Mollie or Casey and get involved!

A HUGE THANK YOU to Rob Snowhite for teaching at the Beginner's Table all evening.  It is always inspiring to see new faces at the vise and to watch people learn that they really CAN do this!  Many of our regular tiers at BEER TIE sat at the beginner's vise not too long ago.  Looking around the room now and seeing them helping others and making new friendships is truly at the core of why we do this.  And thank you to Casey P. for bringing the motherload of pink materials for all to share!

The next TPFR BEER TIE is September 10th, so mark your calendars and plan to be there!  Additionally, all BEER TIE dates through December 2012 are listed on the TPFR EVENTS PAGE.

Dan Davala

IMG_0495.JPG
IMG_0497.JPG
IMG_0506.JPG
IMG_0509.JPG
IMG_0510.JPG
IMG_0512.JPG

Brian Ziff-Levine

Aug 16, 2012, 1:15:24 AM8/16/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Hey Mollie, just wanted to see what the story was with the river helpers for the next retreat. I had such a nice time at the last one I'm really hoping I can participate again.

Best,

Brian

Mollie Simpkins

Aug 17, 2012, 7:15:30 AM8/17/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hiya Brian!

An email will go out after Labor Day to advise those who have been selected.  I'll be certain to make sure you're still on the list!!

Mollie