Rubber Duckie First Fishing outing

james kammel

Jul 31, 2012, 6:22:49 PM7/31/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Took Rubber Duckie out on Lake Audubon on Saturday with scott to chase some bass.  What a great day and fantastic single person boat.  Had a wonderful day with many bass and blue gills.

If anyone has other recommendations, I'm looking for places to go Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Message has been deleted

Bruce Mathews

Aug 1, 2012, 7:11:52 PM8/1/12
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
James,
  Nice set up but be advised that the State of Virginia requires boat registration with numbers on both sides of the boat if it has any kind of motor (http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/boating/registration/faq.asp#3 ).  My canoe has numbers for my electric motor.  I saw a guy in NC get some official grief for having a 2-3 HP gas engine on a personal pontoon boat and no numbers.  I was even told that in spite of having my canoe registered, I could not put my motor on an unregistered rental canoe on the James River (bummer).   You can probably get by on small lakes around the county but watch out.    Big Government...........................

Bruce Mathews
703.772.7167