Passa al primo messaggio da leggere

TAEHWAN KIM

da leggere,
21 ago 2010, 10:49:1221/08/10
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

How are you all?

I have been chasen carp this summer with oriental fishing pole.

One that I'm using is 6 meters long and weighs only 190 gram.

When huge carp (20 plus) is hooked on this type of rod it's a brutal battle.

Here is 10 Lb. mirror carp from the Fountainhead Regional Park.

I'll be swining that fly rod soon......

Tight Lines,

Todd

IMG_2395.JPG
IMG_2399.JPG

Frank Polito

da leggere,
24 ago 2010, 14:15:1624/08/10
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
hi todd,

are you using a dapping pole?

-Frank

TAEHWAN KIM

da leggere,
24 ago 2010, 22:27:0724/08/10
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Frank,

This is not a dapping pole.

It is called Hera rod. It's more like telescopic rod.

It's made out of 99% carbon so it's very light and strong.

Todd

gotascii

da leggere,
25 ago 2010, 09:57:5525/08/10
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Reminds me of Tenkara, my favorite style of fly fishing. Although, I
can't imagine catching a carp on tenkara rod heh. Does the hera rod
have a reel?

J.

TAEHWAN KIM

da leggere,
25 ago 2010, 21:12:5825/08/10
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Justin,

There is no reel for hera rod.

It's just long telescopic rod.( 6 meters)

Todd

Reminds me of Tenkara, my favorite style of fly fishing. Although, I
can't imagine catching a carp on tenkara rod heh. Does the hera rod
have a reel?

J.

keith mclaughlin

da leggere,
27 ago 2010, 20:29:0827/08/10
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Not a very good picture - but shows asian rod. Picture is in park outside Shanghei.

DSCN0895.JPG

TAEHWAN KIM

da leggere,
27 ago 2010, 23:37:5127/08/10
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Keith,

Thats it!!!!  That is the same type of rod I'm using.

I bet people in Shanghei don't catch the size of fish I'm catching here.

Here are some action photo and some fish I caught around the area.

Not a very good picture - but shows asian rod. Picture is in park outside Shanghei.

IMG_2507.JPG
IMG_2548.JPG
IMG_2490.JPG
IMG_2564.JPG
IMG_2651.JPG

gotascii

da leggere,
28 ago 2010, 07:33:5528/08/10
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
That first pick of >180deg of rod bend on a rod with no reel has got
to be my #1 favorite pic! Classic.

> IMG_2507.JPG
> 222KViewDownload
>
> IMG_2548.JPG
> 248KViewDownload
>
> IMG_2490.JPG
> 195KViewDownload
>
> IMG_2564.JPG
> 231KViewDownload
>
> IMG_2651.JPG
> 243KViewDownload

Stan Oaks

da leggere,
28 ago 2010, 08:06:3128/08/10
a tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

I took a picture a couple of years ago of someone using this type of rod on a small lake next to the Hutong area in Beijing.  See attached.

Stan

Beijing long rod.jpg

Michael

da leggere,
28 ago 2010, 10:13:2328/08/10
a Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Besides being able to catch monster goldfish, what are the advantages
of this type of rod? As far as I can tell from this awesome website
http://www.allfishingbuy.com/Hera-Rods.htm there are only
disavantages: no reel, a fragile tip, and it's ludicrously long. I
just can't figure it out. I guess I'll have to give it a try.
Michael

pnkbr...@comcast.net

da leggere,
28 ago 2010, 10:59:5228/08/10