Other BluePrints impls?

David Carmean

Sep 24, 2013, 12:44:57 PM9/24/13
to thunderd...@googlegroups.com
Hi;

I'd been experimenting with bulbs and neo4j (direct and via rexster server) and.. find that it not very well aligned with the current state of indexing in Blueprints 2.4.x implementations.  I thought I'd have a look at titan/thunderdome, since (apparently) Titan is where key indices originated.

I'm not sure if there's a RexPro story yet, but the primary access method seems to be through Rexster Server.  What I'm wondering is.. whether there are any plans to widen the set of supported graph dbs as Rexster Server backends?  Does Thunderdome's first-class treatment of Gremlin imply that this should be fairly easy to whip up?

Thanks.

Jon Haddad

Sep 24, 2013, 2:42:30 PM9/24/13
to thunderd...@googlegroups.com
There is a RexPro python project here: https://github.com/bdeggleston/rexpro-python but I'm not sure what state it's in right now.

I'm sure it's possible to make Thunderdome work with Rex Pro - we just haven't had time to work on it, and likely won't have any in the near future.  We've moved most of our stuff off the graph so there's not much need for it.

David Carmean

Sep 24, 2013, 6:24:51 PM9/24/13
to thunderd...@googlegroups.com

I see... wonder I can infer from this :)

Jon Haddad

Sep 25, 2013, 1:23:37 PM9/25/13
to thunderd...@googlegroups.com
Heh.  We found the graph wasn't a good fit for us, for several reasons.  I'll probably do a blog post about it soon.

Borys Pierov

Apr 24, 2014, 5:23:22 AM4/24/14
to thunderd...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jom.

isn't that post is ready? It would be very interesting to take a look at it since we're considering switching to Graph DB at the moment.

Best Reagrds,
Borys Pierov.

Jon Haddad

Apr 24, 2014, 11:18:54 AM4/24/14
to thunderd...@googlegroups.com
You'd think it would be, over half a year later.  Alas... it is not.  Sorry.  Going back into the todo list.

Borys Pierov

Apr 25, 2014, 8:55:42 AM4/25/14
to thunderd...@googlegroups.com
I'll wait for it. :)