could not connect to server localhost; the connections was refused

houndhen

Dec 26, 2007, 11:05:22 PM12/26/07
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I have got both the webmail and the yahoo extension installed. When I
try to retrieve my yahoo mail I get the subject message. I suspect
something is not set up correctly.

I have put in my email address with the @yahoo.com on it.The server
name is localhost and then I put in my user name. The port is 110. Is
that supposed to be something else?

I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.6 on PCLOS.

Xavian-Anderson Macpherson

Dec 27, 2007, 12:42:27 AM12/27/07
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
If you look closely at the WebMail ports configuration panel, you'll see at the bottom of where the ports are chosen, a comment about how some systems refuse to connect to ports below 1024. This is very important. Change your port numbers to something above 1024. Mine are 1120, 1130 and 1140 respectively. Try something like that, and see if it resolves your situation.

Shingoshi

Christopher Clifton

Dec 27, 2007, 2:07:16 AM12/27/07
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
Using ports above 1024 is necessary on Unix based systems, Linux and Mac
are the most common ones. You don't need to change the port number in
any flavour of Windows. You do always need to be certain that the port
number in the webmail options is the same as that set up in "Server
settings" for your Yahoo or other webmail accounts.
Did some people mention problems with Vista? Systems using Ipv6 may have
a problem resolving localhost, some people have reported success when
entering the IP address for localhost (127.0.0.1) instead of the name
when setting up webmail.