Connection to server localhost timed out

Juan Buridan

Aug 5, 2009, 11:05:21 AM8/5/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Hi,

My Webmail is not working. Neither Yahoo or Hotmail. The "Connection
to server localhost timed out" message pops up each time I try to
reach my mails.

Info:
Thunderbird 2.0.0.22
OS Vista home basic SP1 32 bit
webmail 1.3.3b7
hotmail 1.2.22
yahoo 1.4.5b13 (yahoo´s new version)
pop 110
smtp 25

Thanks.

Webmail Author

Aug 5, 2009, 2:09:25 PM8/5/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you try changing the server name from localhost to 128.0.0.1

Can you also try changing the port numbers to something above 1024,
the port number must be changed in the account settings and in
Webmail's options panel

Chris Clifton

Aug 5, 2009, 3:01:49 PM8/5/09
to thunderbird-we...@googlegroups.com
127.0.0.1 surely?

Webmail Author

Aug 6, 2009, 1:32:01 PM8/6/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension

> 127.0.0.1 surely?

oops

Pablo López

Aug 6, 2009, 12:48:57 PM8/6/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Hi:

I have exactly the same problem. Furthermore, I have tried all you
said.

I set the ports to1025, and changed the server name to 128.0.0.1,
and shows a message "Conection to server 128.0.0.1 timed out"
Later, I set server name to 127.0.0.1 It ask for the password and
later shows
"Host contacted, sending logging information" on the lower bar, but
the message
"Connection to server 127.0.0.1 timed out.
When I try with localhost, is exactly the same as 127.0.0.1

My info is:

OS: Windows XP service pack 3
Thunderbird 2.0.0.22 (portable)
Webmail 1.3.2
Web Mail-Hotmail 1.2.22

rug...@gmail.com

Aug 7, 2009, 2:33:32 PM8/7/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
I am no longer using an add-in for Hotmail.
I am using their POP server. I don't remember when they said the other
would go offline, but maybe it is now offline.

try these settings
server name = pop3.live.com
port = 995
user name = full email address
SMTP server
server name = smtp.live.com
port = 25
user name = full email address

I don't remember if I had to change things by logging on thru the
browser to Hotmail.
I can't find any evidence of that like I can on Yahoo.

Yahoo still uses the add-in

I have:
server name = localhost
port = 110
user name = full email address

SMTP server is the same except
Port = 25
and TLS, if available is checked

Make sure you set "outgoing server (SMTP)" on the first page to the
correct one for that account.
If you have multiple Hotmail or Yahoo accounts you need a different
SMTP entry for each one.

YMMV

Webmail Author

Aug 7, 2009, 2:42:25 PM8/7/09
to Thunderbird Webmail Extension
Can you try disabling your firewall and virus checker