How to obtain current TestStep within custom StepListener?

Nikolay Artamonov

Jun 26, 2014, 2:33:29 PM6/26/14
to thucydid...@googlegroups.com
Hello, guys!

I'm writing simple integration layer for 3rd-party reporting framework and for that I registered custom StepListener. In method stepFailed() I need some way to obtain screenshots for failed step. But I haven't find any public API for retrieving current TestStep or something else. Is it possible?

Thanks!

John Smart

Jun 27, 2014, 2:22:52 AM6/27/14
to Nikolay Artamonov, thucydid...@googlegroups.com
I'd probably have to expose a method in the StepEventBus class - shouldn't be hard to do, though.

John Smart | Wakaleo Consulting  |  +61 407 247 642
Optimizing your software development process
http://www.wakaleo.com  |  john....@wakaleo.com

The dates for the 2014 BDD workshops have been scheduled! Check out our upcoming BDD/TDD Master classes and our Advanced BDD Requirements Workshops, coming soon to Sydney and Melbourne!

Nikolay Artamonov

Jun 27, 2014, 3:18:01 AM6/27/14
to thucydid...@googlegroups.com, narta...@gmail.com
John, it would be incredible helpful! I created issue for this. Thanks! )

P.S. I would help with this and submit pull request if you'll give some advise on details of implementation of such method.

martin f

Jun 27, 2014, 2:03:52 PM6/27/14
to thucydid...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious whats the 3rd party reporting framework you are trying to use ?

Nikolay Artamonov

Jun 27, 2014, 3:00:04 PM6/27/14
to thucydid...@googlegroups.com
Allure Framework (http://allure.qatools.ru/). This is open source project from russian company Yandex.ru.