Upgrade MySQL Question

John Woods

Dec 11, 2014, 11:25:56 AM12/11/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com
I just upgraded from 2.0.1 to 2.1.2 Official. I'm using a MySQL database. Do I need do anything to update the MySQL database with some new information? The DB upgrade page linked in the README is about versions 1. I'm thinking I probably need to do something like source the update.sql file but I'm not sure.

Dan Cornell

Dec 12, 2014, 11:25:35 AM12/12/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com
ThreadFix should automagically update the database and scanner mappings when you turn on the 2.1.2 version and point it at your MySQL database. Obviously please back up your database first :)

If you run into trouble let us know.

Thanks,

Dan

John Woods

Dec 12, 2014, 12:17:22 PM12/12/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. So far no troubles at all, but I wouldn't know if some mappings were changed and I still have the old ones or not. This may make a difference and I should have said this before, I'm using tomcat7 from the OS. So all I did was remove the threadfix directory, drop the war file in the proper directory and start tomcat7 and then edit the file to point it to my MySQL database. If doing that will update the database then good. But I didn't run any shell script or bat file so I was figuring it didn't.

Dan Cornell

Dec 12, 2014, 12:29:47 PM12/12/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com
That -should- work (for this particular upgrade) We try to make pretty painless. Hang on to your DB backups just in case. Going forward we need to do a better job of documenting upgrade procedures.

Let us know if you run into any issues.

Thanks,

Dan