Database size increasing fast

Geoffrey Dudragne

Aug 6, 2015, 1:54:39 PM8/6/15
to ThreadFix
Hi everybody,

At my company we start getting concerned about the size of the ThreadFix's database which is steadily increasing. We run daily scans and upload them to ThreadFix, and we noticed that the database size is increasing like 50MB every 2 weeks.
Is there the possibility to automatically delete scans older than a certain period like 90 days ? Otherwise they seem to accumulate even when they are old.
Thanks .

Geoffrey

Daniel Maldoando

Aug 7, 2015, 5:00:03 PM8/7/15
to ThreadFix
Geoffrey,

Currently, automatic deletion of older scans does not exist. This is a great suggestion, and I have added to the list of possible features to be added to our next major release.

As far as short term solutions, besides manually deleting old scans, there are not a lot of options. We could remove some of the heavy data (raw finding) associated with older closed vulnerabilities using a MySQL query. Using a query is not a pretty solution, but it will cut down on the footprint of older vulnerabilities if you are hurting for space.

Daniel Maldonado