Failed to determine the scan type

christ...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 12:24:39 PM4/3/15
to thre...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I just downloaded the 64-bit addition on a windows 7 (64-bit) machine. I created a "team" and tried to upload a Trustwave scan in XML format. when I select the scan I receive the following error "Failed to determine the scan type."

I spoke with a rep from trustwave that explained I would need to add "XML import support/compatibility should be added on the ThreadFix side." Is this accurate? I do not see a plugin for XML support.

P.S. Is there a full manual for ThreadFix? this getting Started Doc doesn't cut it.

christ...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 12:30:16 PM4/3/15
to thre...@googlegroups.com, christ...@gmail.com
I should have mentioned this problem is on ThreadFix 2.2 and I am able to import the xml test-scans that come with the install.

Thanks

Mac Collins

Apr 3, 2015, 3:13:30 PM4/3/15
to thre...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Our wiki has a lot more pages than just the Getting Started page, but if
there's something that we don't address please let us know so we can
update it.

We do have Trustwave Hailstorm parsing built into ThreadFix 2.2. It's not
a plugin that you download separately.

I'd like to fix your Trustwave error, but we need a sample file. Can you
scan a demo application and supply us with the result?
http://testphp.vulnweb.com/ is a good demo application. Alternatively, you
could sanitize the data in your current report and send it to us. Scanners
change their formats from time to time, so ThreadFix may currently be
incompatible with your version of Trustwave. We like to keep our parsers
updated and if we can update our support it will likely go out in a minor
point release.

Thanks,
Mac

On 4/3/15, 11:24 AM, "christ...@gmail.com" <christ...@gmail.com>
wrote:

christ...@gmail.com

Apr 3, 2015, 4:06:46 PM4/3/15
to thre...@googlegroups.com
The scans are done by Cenzic. I can sanitize a scan. Where should I send it?

Mac Collins

Apr 3, 2015, 4:26:55 PM4/3/15
to thre...@googlegroups.com
Please send to sup...@threadfix.org. Thanks for helping us with this.

Thanks,
Mac

On 4/3/15, 3:06 PM, "christ...@gmail.com" <christ...@gmail.com>

Dan Cornell

Apr 3, 2015, 4:49:14 PM4/3/15
to thre...@googlegroups.com, christ...@gmail.com
I see Mac is working with you on the example file. With regard to the manual - the main link to the wiki is here:

That has more information about how to use the various capabilities of ThreadFix. As Mac mentioned - if there's any additional info you need just let us know.

Thanks,

Dan