Threadfix errors

Aaron Guzman

Jul 1, 2014, 6:38:46 PM7/1/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone,

Ive recently downloaded the latest community threadfix v2.0.1 but unfortunately after running threadfix.bat the browser doesnt pick up the local web server at https://localhost:8443/threadfix.

I currently have java se dev kit 7u55 running and have even downloaded installed tomcat7 separately to troubleshoot. I can get to the local tomcat server when not running threadfix.bat via localhost:8080 but when stopping the tomcat service and running the threadfix.bat i do not.

The errors from the "Tomcat" window after running threadfix.bat are:

Jul 01, 2014 3:32:58 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'xmlVa
lidation' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
Jul 01, 2014 3:32:58 PM org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.SetPropertiesRule begin
WARNING: [SetPropertiesRule]{Server/Service/Engine/Host} Setting property 'xmlNa
mespaceAware' to 'false' did not find a matching property.
Jul 01, 2014 3:32:58 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8080"]
Jul 01, 2014 3:32:58 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
INFO: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["http-bio-8443"]
Jul 01, 2014 3:32:58 PM org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol init
SEVERE: Failed to initialize end point associated with ProtocolHandler ["http-bi
o-8443"]
java.io.EOFException

Any assistance is appreciated.

Dan Cornell

Jul 1, 2014, 6:56:13 PM7/1/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com, Dan Cornell
[...]

Looks like it might be a problem with the SSL configuration. Perhaps a file permission issue with the keystore and SSL vert that we auto-generate on the first startup.

Couple of quick questions:
-Do you have the stack trace for the java.io.EOFException? That might help provide some better insight into what broke.
-What version of Windows are you running?

Also something to try might be to delete your ThreadFix\ directory, re-unpack the ZIP and try running it again. That's stupid, but I've seen things like that work in the past. Or to unpack, set all permissions for the directory so that Everyone has full control and try to start it again. I wouldn't run ThreadFix in production like that, but it provide an indicator of what the issue is so you could make more fine-grained permission updates in the future.

Thanks,

Dan

Aaron Guzman

Jul 1, 2014, 7:28:18 PM7/1/14
to thre...@googlegroups.com, d...@denimgroup.com
hahaha thats hilarious. I figured i'd try the easiest first so I extracted from the .zip again and re-ran the batch file and its up and running!

thanks Dan

Dan Cornell

Jul 1, 2014, 7:31:47 PM7/1/14
to Aaron Guzman, thre...@googlegroups.com
Nice! 80% of the time that works every time.

Thanks

Dan

Sent from my iPhone