Retrieving applications via REST API

ge...@securitycompass.com

Mar 16, 2016, 9:57:47 AM3/16/16
to ThreadFix
Good day,

I'm digging into the ThreadFix API and I'm working against version 2.2.7.1. There was an announcement about 2.2.8 back in July 2015. However, the only version that I see is available for download is the Jan. 2015 version 2.2.7. I'm wondering if 2.2.8 or 2.3 addresses my issue:

It looks like applications are unique by name in the system (This is the behaviour in the UI). Vulnerabilities are retrieved using application id. In order to determine the id of an application it appears I also need the Team name. Is this expected?

Is there a way to a) retrieve an application id using only the name or b) retrieve vulnerabilities by application name.

Is there a downloadable 2.3 version or do developers need to build the WAR themselves?

All the best,
Geoff

Daniel Maldonado

Apr 8, 2016, 5:11:59 PM4/8/16
to ThreadFix, ge...@securitycompass.com
Geoff,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Application names are only required to be unique within a team. An application in Team A can have the same name as an application in Team B. That is why the retreving the application by name requires the team name as well.

There is not a downloadable 2.3 version at the moment. Developers are more than welcome to build the WAR themselves.
`mvn clean install` at the root should build the latest community WAR.

Daniel Maldonado