Issue 42 in thotkeeper: unicode characters in the filename.

thotk...@googlecode.com

Mar 14, 2010, 4:26:11 PM3/14/10
to thotkee...@googlegroups.com
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 42 by petur.eu: unicode characters in the filename.
http://code.google.com/p/thotkeeper/issues/detail?id=42

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. using linux, ./thotkeeper
2. file->new
3. choose a unicode filename, such as "pétur"

Expected output would be access to my newly created diary.
Instead i'm kicked back to the first screen.

Version 0.4.0

Console output:
petur@O2:~/Downloads/thotkeeper-0.4.0$ ./thotkeeper

(python:11764): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to
allocate widget with width -5 and height 17

(python:11764): Gtk-WARNING **: gtk_widget_size_allocate(): attempt to
allocate widget with width -5 and height 17
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./lib/tk_main.py", line 1237, in _FileNewMenu
self._SetDataFile(path, True)
File "./lib/tk_main.py", line 781, in _SetDataFile
self.entries = tk_data.parse_data(datafile)
File "./lib/tk_data.py", line 463, in parse_data
xml.sax.parse(datafile, handler)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/sax/__init__.py", line 33, in parse
parser.parse(source)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/sax/expatreader.py", line 107, in parse
xmlreader.IncrementalParser.parse(self, source)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/sax/xmlreader.py", line 119, in parse
self.prepareParser(source)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/xml/sax/expatreader.py", line 111, in
prepareParser
self._parser.SetBase(source.getSystemId())
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe9' in
position 29: ordinal not in range(128)

Feel free to contact me: petur -{at}- petur -{dot}- eu

http://code.google.com/hosting/settings

thotk...@googlecode.com

Mar 16, 2010, 3:06:58 PM3/16/10
to thotkee...@googlegroups.com

Comment #1 on issue 42 by cmpilato: unicode characters in the filename.
http://code.google.com/p/thotkeeper/issues/detail?id=42

Looks very similar to the complaint that spawned this thread:
http://readlist.com/lists/python.org/python-list/7/37665.html

thotk...@googlecode.com

Nov 7, 2014, 1:02:57 AM11/7/14
to thotkee...@googlegroups.com

Comment #2 on issue 42 by cmpilato: unicode characters in the filename.
https://code.google.com/p/thotkeeper/issues/detail?id=42

I finally (I know, I know...) took a moment to try to reproduce this
problem myself with an eye on fixing it. But the problem is that I
couldn't reproduce it. On my Linux machine, using 0.4.0, all works as
expected. Well, almost. I do see this warning in my console when I try
to "Save As..." a file with non-ASCII (UTF-8) characters:

UnicodeWarning: Unicode unequal comparison failed to convert both arguments
to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

issue notifications to this address.