How to write a validator kind of view?

Patrick Mulder

Dec 19, 2013, 4:01:58 PM12/19/13
to thor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

just wondering if anyone has ideas how to approach the following view pattern.

A small form is used for validating the existence of data. For example, if a certain address / credit card no / ... is allowed.

So, I have two views:

* Input view: (validator)
* Result view

And one model:

* Account

Now, I wonder how I could wire up the result of the validation. So far, I have:

define([
  'view',
  'models/account',
  'views/accounts/show',
  'hbs!templates/accounts/valid'
], function (View, Account, ShowView, template) {
  return View.extend({
    name: 'accounts/valid',
    template: template,
    events: {
      'submit': 'validate'
    },
    validate: function(ev) {
      ev.preventDefault();
      var address = $("input[name='address']").val();
      var account = new Account({address: address });
      var show = new ShowView({model: account, el: $("#result")});
      show.render();
    }
  });
});

But somehow, the way to render the result of the validation should be managed by events. or?

Sorry if sounding confusing, probably, I am too tired, and should stop hacking :)

Thanks for feedback anyway,

Patrick