UnknownItemId in UsersController#index

Herbert Schwartz

Jul 18, 2017, 12:27:38 AM7/18/17
to Thinreports
Hi,  I am trying to use the thinreports to generate a report with Ruby on rails 5,   I downloaded the example to ROR 5 and include the code to generate the report acording to example. I installed the gems, I created the .tlf file  but when i try to generate it I got the next error.   I will apreciate any comment to can fix it.

Thanks

Thinreports::Errors::UnknownItemId in UsersController#index

The layout does not have a Basic Item with id 'usuario'.

Extracted source (around line #88):
86
87
88
89
90
91

users.each do |user|
report.list.add_row do |row|
row.item(:usuario).value(user.usuario)
row.item(:nombres).value(user.nombres)
row.item(:apellidos).value(user.apellidos)
row.item(:correo).value(user.correo)

Jim Kilborn

Sep 1, 2017, 9:52:32 AM9/1/17
to Thinreports
Did you figure out the issue? Did you ensure open the .ltf file in the chrome thinreports designer, and make sure the id of the column text block is set to match the name usuario?

Herbert Schwartz

Sep 1, 2017, 8:24:09 PM9/1/17
to Thinreports
Hi,  I already resolved this issue,  the problem was the order that I include the elements into the report.   I included the fields first and the list after,  I changed the order and with it the report work fine.

regards