How to create a indefinite page length tlf

Rabi

Aug 12, 2016, 4:38:00 AM8/12/16
to Thinreports
Dear ThinReports community,

We are printing an indefinite length report to a POS Printer (page size is not fixed).
Right now the only way we know how is to make the .tlf page size very long by using giving a large value to the Report Basic Section Height param (in px), and not setting the Page Break parameter in List section.

However since volume of data on the report is very large, occasionally we have truncated reports.
What stops us from making the report an arbitrary very long height is the fear that some POS printers may print
the empty space in the PDF file also, in which case the exception will ruin the rule.

Any way to configure the report to print indefinite length?  Is page height always a required parameter?

Hoping that the community can provide us a work around.

Thank you
Rabi

Katsuya HIDAKA

Nov 15, 2016, 3:46:18 AM11/15/16
to Thinreports
Hello Rabi,

Any way to configure the report to print indefinite length?  Is page height always a required parameter?

No, there is no way, but i think that the section report feature, which is a new feature of version 1.0 currently under development, will satisfy your purpose.

2016年8月12日金曜日 17時38分00秒 UTC+9 Rabi: