PBS Coursera Story Airs TODAY!! :)

Tracy Lippincott

Jan 8, 2013, 2:45:37 PM1/8/13
to thinka...@googlegroups.com
Hey y'all!!

Remember the awkward presence of cameras at our first meeting? They're finally airing the piece! I have no idea what it's going to look like or how much we'll be featured, as I know they did a bunch of other interviews and stuff but nonetheless we are on NATIONAL PUBLIC TELEVISION today!!

If you can't catch it live (at 3pm or 6pm) on PBS, it'll be available on their website to stream late tonight or tomorrow. Spencer told me that the segment about Coursera starts about 10-15mins into the show and lasts for about 10 minutes.

Thanks soooooo much for being so obliging with the whole thing and for just being wonderful in general.

See you on the small screen!

-T

Greg Verrilli

Jan 8, 2013, 7:58:06 PM1/8/13
to Tracy Lippincott, thinka...@googlegroups.com

This is great!  thanks Tracy.
I think a celebration is in order.  :)

Mariko Daicho

Feb 22, 2013, 4:00:44 PM2/22/13
to ThinkA...@googlegroups.com, thinka...@googlegroups.com, tracy.li...@gmail.com
Hello Tracy

I am a producer at TV Tokyo, Japanese television network. I am producing a 10 minutes special feature about the growing popularity of free online courses and the revolutionary movement in education. In this feature I will introduce Coursera, and I would like to film you taking Coursera class at home. I would also like to film you discussing Coursera classes with other Coursera students (Think Again Meetup members) in somewhere. It is very similar approach to PBS story which was aired on Jan 8 this year.

I am based in NYC and am planning to go to San Francisco a week of March 4th to interview Coursera and to film other company. I would like to know a possibility of filming you and your Meetup friends anytime between March 4 and 6. I would appreciate it if you could respond me as soon as possible.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Mariko
Mariko Daicho, Producer