Přeskočit na první nepřečtenou zprávu

eSPOKES

nepřečteno,
4. 11. 2012 12:06:3704.11.12
komu: thetis-isl...@googlegroups.com

Volunteer Koeppen wins Jubilee Medal

Ann Andersen, Special To The Citizen

Published: Friday, October 26, 2012

Volunteer Cowichan's Anne-Marie Koeppen has been awarded the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for her contribution and dedication to strengthening volunteerism in the Cowichan Valley and in the province. The medal was awarded at last month's Volunteer Futures Conference, put on by Volunteer BC.

According to Volunteer BC, Koeppen was chosen for her remarkable commitment and willingness to serve her community.

Koeppen, a Thetis Island resident, volunteers for the organization as volunteer services coordinator, has been on the board of Volunteer BC for two years and recently joined the Volunteer Canada Volunteer Centre Advisory as a representative from B.C. She has also served on the board of Volunteer Cowichan.

Anne-Marie has over 20 years as an administrator of volunteers," said Volunteer BC in announcing the award. "Her positive attitude and professionalism and her network of contacts across B.C. and Alberta have made her a key figure for the volunteer sector of the Cowichan Valley and beyond."

Volunteer Cowichan Executive Director George Stratemeyer agrees.

"Volunteer Cowichan is fortunate to have Anne-Marie on board," he said. Koeppen is the go-to person for all things related to volunteering and volunteerism, he explains.

"Her expertise, skills and networks constitute an incredible resource for our community. There are few people in the Cowichan Valley as skilled as she is in all matters relating to volunteering."

Koeppen's volunteer work with Volunteer Cowichan includes coordinating the managers of volunteers network and organizing National Volunteer Week efforts. "By awarding the Diamond Jubilee Medal to individuals like Anne-Marie, we are demonstrating our deepest appreciation for their commitment and service to strengthening volunteerism in the province," said Lawrie Portigal, Volunteer BC president.

Odpovědět všem
Odpověď autorovi
Přeposlat
0 nových zpráv