HELEN UKPABIO SUING CRARN

Kennedy Emetulu

Apr 9, 2009, 9:01:36 AM4/9/09
to theniger...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

There is no cause for alarm. Helen Ukpabio needs to first hire good lawyers. The ones that wrote these pleadings and served them are charlatans! The facts of libel must be clearly stated in the pleadings, but the ignorant lawyers do not seem to know the difference between the BBC and Channel 4! If you have no idea of the entity or entities you are suing, how can you make a good case against them in a court of law?

Anyway, the irrefutable fact is that the broadcast by way of the TV documentary is not a production of CRARN. There is no part of the various interviews conducted and showed during the programme that had Sam Ikpe- Itauma, CRARN or any of its representatives saying anything about Ukpabio or her church. Her sole encounter in the film in question was with the Despatches reporter. I have no doubt that this case will go nowhere.  The only thing I can see here is that Ukpabio wants, at the very least, to get CRARN to spend some money on lawyers. This is where I expect the tough-talking government of Governor Godswill Akpabio to put their money where their mouth is. This is an attempt by those they have been fighting to fight back. They obviously are not happy with the role Sam played in helping the police to track down some of the culprits. They have assessed the situation and now think their best bet is to attack Sam and CRARN who they think are most vulnerable.

It is my opinion that we have to now prevail on the Akwa Ibom State government to immediately join the fray on the side of CRARN. They should immediately pick up the legal bill and make sure Sam and CRARN have the best representation in court. They must do this to protect CRARN and the public and, more importantly, having garnered enough information about Ukpabio and her church through the security services, they must use the floor of the court to expose her for what she is.

I have spoken to Sam on this issue and I have told him of the intention of the Nigerian Child Organisation (NCO) to contact the state government on his behalf and get them on the case. It is my hope that after the holiday, we will make contact with them and put across our suggestions. Whatever happens though, I’m confident that the disgrace will be Ukpabio’s.

CHEERS!

From: Sam Ikpe-Itauma <itau...@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 4:51 PM
Subject: Re: can i get a copy of the letter
To: eve osa <ryt...@yahoo.com>, Gary Foxcroft <ga...@steppingstonesnigeria.org>, Kelli Stowe <empress...@yahoo.com>, Meg Itauma <ami...@hotmail.com>, Osa Kookey <oko...@gmail.com>, Akanimo I Udo <akanim...@exxonmobil.com>, Yemi Johnson <yemij...@gmail.com>, Sam Ikpe-Itauma <samof...@gmail.com>, Mags Gavan <mags...@hotmail.com>, Alice Keens-Soper <ali...@sstar.uk.com>, Barr Ben Ndedde <nde...@justice.com>, Bar Dan Bassey Morrow <dan_bass...@yahoo.com>, "Dr Felix N.I" <unim...@yahoo.com>, Mrs Nneka Oguagha <nogu...@unicef.org>, Mrs Pelucy Ntambirweki <pntamb...@unicef.org>, Mrs Eleanor Ann Nwadinobi <ele...@yahoo.co.uk>, Mrs Anne Medekong <a.med...@networktravels.net>, abbey gaaporphanage <ab...@gaaporphanage.org.uk>, Udemeabasi News2 <abcpro...@yahoo.com>, Juan <exit...@yahoo.com>, DORATEA DENG <africi...@hotmail.com>, "Rev Mary McKinney (Missionary)" <af...@juno.com>, Andrew Walker <andrew.wa...@bbc.co.uk>, Prof Des Wilson <anwekp...@yahoo.com>, Assam Abia <assa...@yahoo.com>, Claire Adams <cla...@jam2day.net>, Abbey Abbey <compud...@pophost.123-reg.co.uk>, Ahoama Kanu <goodn...@gmail.com>, Evelin Otuma <anam...@yahoo.com>, Eno Adam <bok...@yahoo.com>, Mercy John <mercy...@yahoo.com>, NAPTIP ABUJA <sagba...@yahoo.com>, "Mr. Aniekan Umana" <aniu...@gmail.com>, "Mr. Aniekan Umana" <aniu...@yahoo.com>, Essien Ndueso <essi...@yahoo.com>
Cc: Chidima C <cmma...@yahoo.com>, Mrs Ime Essien <mrsess...@yahoo.com>, Mr Thom Essien-Mbeke <thompso...@yahoo.com>, Emma Una <emmau...@yahoo.com>, Insight Newspaper <insightn...@yahoo.com>

Hi Evelin,

    Nice to hear from after the National Daily Award Night in Lagos. It is sad that I could not read your e-mail earlier and get back to you.
    Just as I said on phone, we went on invitation to Oron, to meet the Oron National Union President, Chief Okon Medekong, the only Man in the Oron Nation with 5 Local Government Areas who does not believe in witchcraftcy, to see how we can handle a case of a 55 year old widow accused of killing her daughter  and giving witchcraft spell to the deceased four children.

She is to be given the popular 'esere' bean, a wild piosonous berry also known as calabar bean, to eat and if she fails to give the N400,000 on a date to be stipulated. I will post the detail to you, when I return from UNICEF meeting at Enugu,
    Many thanks.

      Sam Ikpe-Itauma

Ps: Please, you could it to your friends

The President
Child's Right And Rehabilitation Network (CRARN),
 Ikot Afaha-Idung Ukpa,
P. M. B. 1042 Eket, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.
Visit our websites @  www.crarn.org or http://crarn.tripod.com
Phone (Hotline ): +2348026693099
Talk to the children direct, call +2348086754666
Regististered with Corperate Affairs Commission Abuja, Nigeria.
Charity Number: CAC/IT/No 27195
CRARN: Protecting and rehabilitating a child.

Apr 9, 2009, 4:43:33 PM4/9/09
to theniger...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kenn and All concerned

Thanks for the email. Helen Ukpabio is a worried and delusional woman.
Have a nice easter all.

regards

Gerard Onochie

Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 14:01:36 +0100
Subject: HELEN UKPABIO SUING CRARN
From: keme...@googlemail.com
To: theniger...@googlegroups.com

Get the New Internet Explore 8 Optimised for MSN. Download Now

Sam Ikpe-Itauma

Apr 18, 2009, 7:11:39 AM4/18/09
to theniger...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,
      Many thanks for your concern. We know that it is one of the ways to intiidate CRARN and other partners not to continue with our campaign to end the child witch-hunt and a to gain fellowship confidence in their church circle, if nt to shore up public confidence.
      Please, see the attached
    Thanks for the support.
     Sam

CRARN reply Evang. Ukpabio 1.jpg
CRARN reply Evang. Ukpabio 2.jpg

Ahaoma Oji Kanu

Apr 30, 2009, 9:41:46 PM4/30/09
to theniger...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Thanks for your concern. I have met with the lawyer of Helen Ukpabio here at Lagos and gotten his side of the story and his plans and the good thing is that he sees me as a friend so told me all his plans. I am working on the issue with Ken and VOR. Like Gerald said, there is no cause for alarm.